Sturgeon wants another referendum

If they did vot to be independent, we would already be out of the EU by the, what mechanism would they use to get back in

I was all for Scotland going independent lats time, the timing now seems wrong and opportunistic

Salmond and Sturgeon relied heavily on the potential of the oil revenue when putting the case for the last referendum, and suprisingly (not) the arse fell out of the market; thus proving the SNP's total ineptitude in financial management. To rely so heavily on a historically volatile commodity was a poor strategy, but to think they could get away with hoodwinking people into believing them was stunningly stupid. Plus, their economy is so tied up in the outdated Barnett formula, that if they ever do leave the UK, they can kiss goodbye to their free universities and free prescriptions.

I understand that Scotland was treated disgracefully by the English historically, but that was over 700 years ago; get over yourselves - Braveheart was a work of fiction.

Its not as simple as either side of the border, as I think I am right in saying that London and Manchester? voted to stay in Europe - maybe they should claim independence too. I look forward to hearing how the SNP will spin the £15bn deficit.

They did, by much smaller margins than Scotland. Take away the Scottish vote from every single general election in the past 30 odd years and the outcome remains the same. The Scottish vote is of no consequence to the result, an irrelevance, if you like. Utter madness.

If the debt comes our way, we as Scottish citizens can vote on a party to manage that. In the event of a yes vote, the SNP can not exist in their current form, given that their number one priority is Independence. I will have the chance to vote for a party suitable to run Scotland and manage it properly, including its debt.

The anti english party will be finished if they lose another referendum although i fully expect the uk govt to rightly refuse.
How can anyone vote yes against a backdrop of worse finamcial conditions,huge start up costs and no guarentee of eu entry?
We had a vote in 2014 and they should respect that.

It would be a monumentally stupid decision if the jocks voted to leave.

Its not as simple as either side of the border, as I think I am right in saying that London and Manchester? voted to stay in Europe - maybe they should claim independence too. I look forward to hearing how the SNP will spin the £15bn deficit.
The same way the UK spins it's deficit
"The difference between spending (including capital expenditure) and revenue is estimated to be £67.6 billion.
The increase in UK “net debt” is estimated to be £47.8 billion."
When I say I've changed from no to yes it's with the caveat of assurances from the EU of staying in. In that case there would be the prospect of a benefit of attracting UK businesses heavily dependent on eu trade over the border.

Would a yes vote mean the end of the Barnet formula or would an independent Scotland still want my money to prop them up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.