Sturgeon wants another referendum

What different agendas? I think there's only ever been one media agenda. Do whatever it takes to stop Scottish independence.
Yeah sure, you're right the mainstream media is firmly in the better together camp, but it doesn't mean i trust the information put out by the independence side either, or whatever EU politicians happen to be saying right now.

The same way the UK spins it's deficit
"The difference between spending (including capital expenditure) and revenue is estimated to be £67.6 billion.
The increase in UK “net debt” is estimated to be £47.8 billion."
When I say I've changed from no to yes it's with the caveat of assurances from the EU of staying in. In that case there would be the prospect of a benefit of attracting UK businesses heavily dependent on eu trade over the border.
But the Scottish deficit is way worse than the UK as a whole. We spend £1600 per head more than we bring in through tax revenue. Only way of fixing that is revenue growth at rates not previously known to man or by taxing to fill the gap. And the economic question is a starter for ten before we even starting to talk about currency. I'm afraid that if we were daft enough to vote independence the M74 and A1 would be jammed by the wealth creators trying to get over the border as quickly as possible.

Should just boot them out. Be better than having to put up with them threatening to leave every other year. If they wanna end up being the next Greece then let them.

Theresa May is a curious mixture of aggression and dithering. She's so out her depth that it gives me a real sense of hope of winning.

It would be solid gold if she blocked it. She's so dim she might just fall into the trap.

The talk of it being an independence referendum is silly.

It is a vote to be part of the UK or the approaching EU nation.

If Scotland feel there is an appetite for a referendum then I see no reason why they should not have a vote and put the issue to bed once and for all.

However dont come all this independence bollocks, its nothing of the sort that they will be voting for.....

Would a yes vote mean the end of the Barnet formula or would an independent Scotland still want my money to prop them up?

£53bn
Tax revenue generated by Scotland
9.1% of UK tax revenue came from Scotland
8.3% of the UK population live in Scotland
£10,000 tax per head in Scotland
£9,200 tax per head, rest of UK
Source: Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS)

Aye, a see what you mean...LOL!

The talk of it being an independence referendum is silly.

It is a vote to be part of the UK or the approaching EU nation.

If Scotland feel there is an appetite for a referendum then I see no reason why they should not have a vote and put the issue to bed once and for all.

However dont come all this independence bollocks, its nothing of the sort that they will be voting for.....
I thought the issue was put to bed already when we got a 'No' vote.

It's just pure desperation from Sturgeon in the hopes of forcing it through before the Brexit so she can claim that Scotland are still in Europe.

The same way the UK spins it's deficit
"The difference between spending (including capital expenditure) and revenue is estimated to be £67.6 billion.
The increase in UK “net debt” is estimated to be £47.8 billion."
When I say I've changed from no to yes it's with the caveat of assurances from the EU of staying in. In that case there would be the prospect of a benefit of attracting UK businesses heavily dependent on eu trade over the border.
So how will you actually vote? She appears to want the referendum before Brexit negotiations are concluded. If you vote 'yes' and the uk secures a deal on eu trade (or ends up staying in), will there need to be another referendum? Don't disagree with Scotland having another referendum but surely it would be better post Brexit negotiations, when you all know what you're voting to leave.

£53bn
Tax revenue generated by Scotland
9.1% of UK tax revenue came from Scotland
8.3% of the UK population live in Scotland
£10,000 tax per head in Scotland
£9,200 tax per head, rest of UK
Source: Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS)

Aye, a see what you mean...LOL!

Think you are using pre oil crash numbers:
The government expenditure and revenue Scotland (Gers) figures show that in 2015-16, Scottish tax receipts were £400 less than the UK average, at £10,000, after several decades during which oil had pushed them above the UK level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.