Sturgeon wants another referendum

So how will you actually vote? She appears to want the referendum before Brexit negotiations are concluded. If you vote 'yes' and the uk secures a deal on eu trade (or ends up staying in), will there need to be another referendum? Don't disagree with Scotland having another referendum but surely it would be better post Brexit negotiations, when you all know what you're voting to leave.
Honest answer I don't know yet, but I do know I'm much more likely to vote yes than I was last time, because the UK I decided to stay part of has changed.

The talk of it being an independence referendum is silly.

It is a vote to be part of the UK or the approaching EU nation.

If Scotland feel there is an appetite for a referendum then I see no reason why they should not have a vote and put the issue to bed once and for all.

However dont come all this independence bollocks, its nothing of the sort that they will be voting for.....
Except it's not really now is it? We'd be voting for the right to decide if we wanted to be part of the EU or not or whatever arrangement the elected government in Edinburgh prefer if Scotland were a sovereign state. All countries cede some sovereignty to other institutions.

Great news. Hope she gets the referendum and hope Scotland votes to leave. Get rid of the place once and for all.

So how will you actually vote? She appears to want the referendum before Brexit negotiations are concluded. If you vote 'yes' and the uk secures a deal on eu trade (or ends up staying in), will there need to be another referendum? Don't disagree with Scotland having another referendum but surely it would be better post Brexit negotiations, when you all know what you're voting to leave.

Perhaps thats the very reason she wants the vote before any negotiations are concluded. She may infact know that things could be looking less cataclysmic outside the EU than some predict. The EU may well by then be in even greater turmoil than it is now.

£53bn
Tax revenue generated by Scotland
9.1% of UK tax revenue came from Scotland
8.3% of the UK population live in Scotland
£10,000 tax per head in Scotland
£9,200 tax per head, rest of UK
Source: Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS)

Aye, a see what you mean...LOL!

So in the event of a vote to remain in the uk you will be supporting an end to the Barnet formula then?

Good man.

Surely the question should be asked again in view of Cameron's cock up?

Great news. Hope she gets the referendum and hope Scotland votes to leave. Get rid of the place once and for all.

The end of Britain. Oh my. You'll have to get a new flag and everything. Fuck knows what The Who would do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.