Sturgeon wants another referendum

If that stupid woman in charge north of the border gets her way and they have a second referendum, the result will depend on turnout.

Judging by the crowd at the last Hampden International, turnout is not what the Scots do.

The Torys don't represent Scottish interests?? Really. Your own parliament and a 20% subsidy of UK GDP greater than that spent in the English regions with all the benefits that go with that and all sustained by successive UK government's regardless of political stance. Yet another deluded missinformed Scot.

Ahhh the arrogance of the English. There's nothing quite like it is there?

How about us arrogant English having a vote whether we still want a union with Scotland you can guess the result can't you
I actually hope the Scottish people get their referendum and they vote to leave, if that is the will of the people then good luck to them rather like we voted to leave the EU, democracy is democracy

There's nothing quite like a moaning whinging Scot. If only you got a deal as bad as the northern English regions then you would have something tp moan about.

All the best Scotland, If you leave I am moving to the borders, illegal EU importer.

Notwithstanding your abuse (and the fact that you clearly misread my post), yes: as far as Brexit is concerned, the UK government appears to have decided that it can't make Scotland happy on Brexit and won't even try. There has been no serious response to Scotland's white paper on Brexit, and little recognition that Scotland's needs are quite different from those of other UK regions: it has need for more immigration on economic ground, for example. Day-to-day government relations with Whitehall on non- Brexit issues are getting more and more difficult, as the civil service diverts more and more resources to Brexit.
Personally, I find the "head" argument for independence weaker than two years go. The "heart" arguments are getting stronger and the countries drifting apart.

Disagree, regardless of Brexit you will still get a better deal than the rest of us. Are you denying that you don't?

Better together, IMO. Strength in numbers. I'm Welsh originally and want to remain as part of the union alongside having my own identity of being Welsh British. Some devolution for our own interests is suffice.

Looking forwards to laughing at the Scots who want a third referendum when the second one doesn't go their way. The #Remain brigade are comedy gold today.

We're under no obligation to give you another referendum and considering the chances of you invading York are pretty slim, the right move here is just to let you burn yourselves out screaming again/

Notwithstanding your abuse (and the fact that you clearly misread my post), yes: as far as Brexit is concerned, the UK government appears to have decided that it can't make Scotland happy on Brexit and won't even try. There has been no serious response to Scotland's white paper on Brexit, and little recognition that Scotland's needs are quite different from those of other UK regions: it has need for more immigration on economic ground, for example. Day-to-day government relations with Whitehall on non- Brexit issues are getting more and more difficult, as the civil service diverts more and more resources to Brexit.
Personally, I find the "head" argument for independence weaker than two years go. The "heart" arguments are getting stronger and the countries drifting apart.

Sorry I probably didn't answer your points sufficiently. You must remember that you are a small part of the UK and the PM has to look after the interest of all 66m people not just put the SNPs 1.5m or whatever voters first. Secondly the SNPs Brexit paper wasn't very good was it. It read like a list of things they didn't like about Brexit based on the fact that they could not accept the democratic will of the whole of the UK. Which they you me act are part of. It was incredibly politically biased with litlle if any positives about the benefits of Brexit. Most if the issues it raised such as staying in the customs union act had been considered by the UK government and the European Union and discounted as not being possible or practical by both parties. Finally you must try and remember that living in Scotland you do get a very good deal out of the UK especially compared with the rest if us who live in northern England and all this continual "woe is me" hard done by attitude that the SNP have just reflects poorly on them and their supporters. Clearly it is deliberate and done to increase division amongst us all I just can't believe so many Scots fall for it. From a personal point of view I think if you stay which you decided to 2 yrs ago then the UKs wealth should be shared equally. Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.