Sturridge and partner

3rdgenctyboy

Sturrige has constantly been touted as the next big thing in english football. There have been numerous references to the so called big clubs looking to sign this kid up. City as a club are having a poor season, and are looking very likely at finnishing no where in the league this season. Is this not the perfect time to forget the likes of david villa etc( who in my oppinion will not come in this moment in time) and start looking to find a player that can compliment the future of England and Manchester City, and bring this kid on to fullfill his and all of our dreams. If Sturridge is that good then now is the best time to give him a run of games, and find him a partner. we might lose a few games but we will definately win enough of em to stay in the prem, and will bring on a lethal striker in the process. If this is a long term project and city fans are gonna enjoy it then lets start with giving home grown talent a chance, if we dont someone else e.g chelsea arse will.

that would be a big ask of the kid

if we can I think the club would rather have a proven striker and bring on Sturidge at a sensible rate

Very promising player, but young and needs to be nurtured into the team first.

A little bit of committment shown by him would help, signing a new contract (current one runs out in summer).

The manager hasn't got the bollocks. He would rather spend massive money on a couple of players he has worked with before because that's the sort of unimaginative perosn he is.

Sturridge is 19 (I think). He is easily old enough. He is the best young striking talent in the country. There have been numerous players of his age who have been regulars in the top flight by now. But he is stiffled by average players and will be even more stiffled when Hughes ships some more in.

Hughes preference for Evans earlier in the season, a very limited player who, as much as I would prefer otherwise, will never reach the level of performances that Sturridge is capable of, just about sums the bloke up.

and to second JohnMaddocks, MH has now put himself in a relegation fight and will not "risk" bringing a younger player through the ranks. His only way out to him is to buy himself out of trouble.

All he had to do was staedy the ship, build on last year and he could have given Studge a good run.

Now he sees Craig bellamy as the answer to his (NOT OUR) prayers.

Mr Hughes. Shit management

Well, as our manager constantly reminds us, we are nowhere near being a top four team so that shouldn't be a problem.

3rdgenctyboy said:
Sturrige has constantly been touted as the next big thing in english football. There have been numerous references to the so called big clubs looking to sign this kid up. City as a club are having a poor season, and are looking very likely at finnishing no where in the league this season. Is this not the perfect time to forget the likes of david villa etc( who in my oppinion will not come in this moment in time) and start looking to find a player that can compliment the future of England and Manchester City, and bring this kid on to fullfill his and all of our dreams. If Sturridge is that good then now is the best time to give him a run of games, and find him a partner. we might lose a few games but we will definately win enough of em to stay in the prem, and will bring on a lethal striker in the process. If this is a long term project and city fans are gonna enjoy it then lets start with giving home grown talent a chance, if we dont someone else e.g chelsea arse will.

I agree with this 100% I also think we already have his partner, Jo or Benjani but probably Boj when he comes back.

Having watched Bellamy closely in his last five games, he is the ideal partner for Sturridge. Those two together would terrify opposing defenders and the competitive/aggressive streak that Bellamy would bring to the club would be like an adrenalin injection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.