Sturridge

If I remember correctly, Sturridge was given his chance to impress when Chad got injured and put in a couple of performances that were what I consider to be nothing less than disgusting. I clearly remember him strolling around like Yaya Toure on quaaludes in one match. He wouldn't have got anywhere near the bench after that if were up to me.

If I remember correctly, Sturridge was given his chance to impress when Chad got injured and put in a couple of performances that were what I consider to be nothing less than disgusting. I clearly remember him strolling around like Yaya Toure on quaaludes in one match. He wouldn't have got anywhere near the bench after that if were up to me.

+1 Billy big bollocks .

Sturridge leaving had fuck all to do with Ched Evans IMO despite what some posters think. Fucking hell, Evans actually left the club almost straight after Sturridge so it’s a bollocks argument. You’re right that he was strutting around in some of those latter appearances plus there was that argument with Elano about who should take the penalty against Arsenal earlier that season.

I’d say it had fuck all to do with Hughes as well. There were stories linking Sturridge to Chelsea as far back as the FA Youth Cup Final against Liverpool in 2006 and I suspect he was tapped up by Chelsea and a deal agreed before Hughes became our manager.

Despite his attitude in some of those games, I don’t abuse him when he plays against us though. Chelsea were a far better team than us back then so I can understand why his head was turned. And singing “one greedy bastard” given some of the money we’ve chucked at players down the years is ironic in the extreme.

I don't have any real problems with Sturridge. He hasn't had a pop at City since he had left and at the time we were signing Santa Cruz, Tevez and Adebayor.

Last edited:
If it's true he left for more game time rather than being a greedy bastard then I wouldn't have been as pissed off.
He's always had talent and the boy can finish, shame he suffers so much from injuries.
But I agree his goal celebration is almost as cringey as pingpings and Pogbad.

He was hardly going to dislodge Drogba to get more game time

Sturridge leaving had fuck all to do with Ched Evans IMO despite what some posters think. Fucking hell, Evans actually left the club almost straight after Sturridge so it’s a bollocks argument. You’re right that he was strutting around in some of those latter appearances plus there was that argument with Elano about who should take the penalty against Arsenal earlier that season.

I’d say it had fuck all to do with Hughes as well. There were stories linking Sturridge to Chelsea as far back as the FA Youth Cup Final against Liverpool in 2006 and I suspect he was tapped up by Chelsea and a deal agreed before Hughes became our manager.

Despite his attitude in some of those games, I don’t abuse him when he plays against us though. Chelsea were a far better team than us back then so I can understand why his head was turned. And singing “one greedy bastard” given some of the money we’ve chucked at players down the years is ironic in the extreme.
Very good. Somewhat ironically, this seems to be the same argument City fans are using for Mahrez leaving Leicester!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.