Stuttgart away 1st of August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Hefner

Will we be playing a friendly at home over this weekend similar to the Thomas Cook Trophy as the Community Shield is off the agenda this year?

Just that there is nothing on the club website, are they waiting to confirm an opponent or is it a free weekend but that seems unlikely

Will we be playing a friendly at home over this weekend similar to the Thomas Cook Trophy as the Community Shield is off the agenda this year?

Just that there is nothing on the club website, are they waiting to confirm an opponent or is it a free weekend but that seems unlikely

The days of playing friendlies in the UK are gone - don't expect to see one any time this decade, if ever. The club is financially dependent on the revenue of foreign friendlies and we will always opt for that instead of playing at home.

Expect to see another foreign game announced, a la the trip to Finland two years ago.

The days of playing friendlies in the UK are gone - don't expect to see one any time this decade, if ever. The club is financially dependent on the revenue of foreign friendlies and we will always opt for that instead of playing at home.
Expect to see another foreign game announced, a la the trip to Finland two years ago.

Must have imagined the games at Dundee and Hearts last pre-season.

Must have imagined the games at Dundee and Hearts last pre-season.

Huh. Good point. Not sure how I overlooked that. Still I'm pretty sure City are committed to only going places they are paid to attend now, which means no home games. Maybe the odd warm-up game at the Academy Stadium against Melbourne City, but that would be behind closed doors I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.