Succession/Continuity planning

bluemoonmatt

its struck me when reading a couple of other topics, I really hope we have some serious plans in place. If I highlight the topics you'll get my drift, but there's quite a few besides. The threads....

"The greatest", my vote if it's termed as much goes with merlin, I see when we play badly and it usually coincides either with Dave being injured or a rare off day, we simply don't tick properly without silva

"Superclub" my opinion is we wasted two years with a caretaker manager while at least two of our modern day legends (the aforementioned and Toure) were at their peak, I really trust our board but getting rid of Mancini and being happy to wait for Pep smacks of madness.

Maybe some can shed light on our continuity plans, I kfa but I reallly hope we don't end up losing the beating heart of our team without addressing a suitable replacement and I hope we don't have to sit watching the best squad in the league underperform cos peps done his three year term

Think Pep's plan was for Gundagon to take the mantle for a bit when Magic Dave was out or left. but his knee dislocation end of last year hindered that as a viable, long term solution as Dislocations tend to reoccur once they happen a first time.

But Dave has shown just how special he is, as when he hasnt played, at times we forget how to play. Think we'd get away with it next season if we don't have a natural successor in line to replace him as KDB and Yaya can fill that in the short term, but need to plan for the season after next and the future beyond.

But i have a feeling Sanchez's agent may be ringing City already saying " you know that time when Alexis was at Udinese and used City to get a better contract at Barca, can we put that behind us? ..." now he has Europa league waiting for him next season at Arsenal

We need to win the Champions League to now establish ourselves across europe. Until that happens we wont be considered in the same bracket as those that have. In order to become this title of 'superclub' then we need to win it more than once. In all honesty from next season we need to sweep the friction with UEFA under the carpet and actually embrace the competition we need to win

We need to avoid the big guns in the round of 16 and draw the weakest left in the quarters + semis to be in with a shout imo
Were not good enough to win it with the current team hopefully Pep can sort that out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.