Sugar bids to save English football

stony

Entrepreneur and former Tottenham Hotspur chairman Lord Sugar has drawn up a business blueprint to save English football.

The Apprentice star will unveil the five-point plan in a new BBC2 documentary.

He said: "For the good of the game - a game that entertains so many people - a game that people look forward to, that's part of their lives, there needs to be some very, very big actions taken. Football needs a dose of hard business reality."

Lord Sugar, who ran the north London club between 1991 and 2001, interviews fellow Apprentice star Karren Brady during the 60-minute film.

Brady, who was managing director of Birmingham City from 1993 to 2009, is currently vice chairman at West Ham.

He also speaks to Spurs manager Harry Redknapp, Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan and Uefa president Michel Platini

The show's commissioning editor Martin Davidson said it shows an industry "struggling to make ends meet" despite huge financial rewards available at the top.

He said: "It's a fascinating business model to explore and I'm very excited that Lord Sugar will be offering BBC2 viewers his expert business analysis - and I look forward to seeing what surprises he has in store for us."

The show, called Lord Sugar Tackles Football, will be shown this spring

Celebrity twat and failed Spurs chairman telling us how to run the game. I wonder just who he'll be having a pop at.

Save English football?

The only thing wrong with English football is the national team, it's a bit shit. Other than that, it's the most competitive and enjoyable league in the world.

stony said:
Entrepreneur and former Tottenham Hotspur chairman Lord Sugar has drawn up a business blueprint to save English football.

The Apprentice star will unveil the five-point plan in a new BBC2 documentary.

He said: "For the good of the game - a game that entertains so many people - a game that people look forward to, that's part of their lives, there needs to be some very, very big actions taken. Football needs a dose of hard business reality."

Lord Sugar, who ran the north London club between 1991 and 2001, interviews fellow Apprentice star Karren Brady during the 60-minute film.

Brady, who was managing director of Birmingham City from 1993 to 2009, is currently vice chairman at West Ham.

He also speaks to Spurs manager Harry Redknapp, Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan and Uefa president Michel Platini

The show's commissioning editor Martin Davidson said it shows an industry "struggling to make ends meet" despite huge financial rewards available at the top.

He said: "It's a fascinating business model to explore and I'm very excited that Lord Sugar will be offering BBC2 viewers his expert business analysis - and I look forward to seeing what surprises he has in store for us."

The show, called Lord Sugar Tackles Football, will be shown this spring

Celebrity twat and failed Spurs chairman telling us how to run the game. I wonder just who he'll be having a pop at.

He better not start on the Glazers, I love those crazy guys!

he already saved english football in 1992 - for sky & himself.

the story goes that when the first bidding was going on for the rights to broadcast the premier league itv outbid sky. this information was privy to the (old) 1st division chairmen who were meeting to discuss the bids.

sugar allegedly left the meeting to ring somebody high up in sky, informed him of itv's higher bid & told him to get his arse into gear & put in a higher bid which they did. sky won the contract & the rest is history. nobody should be so cynical as to believe that sugar was motivated by the shitload of money he stood to make supplying satellite dishes when sky won which he wouldn't have made if itv had been successful.

conflict of interests? of course not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.