Summer 2017 squad clear out.

Gareth Barry Conlon

So we have an ageing squad with a number of players with contracts up this summer and 2018 and players simply not getting on the pitch for us! Who do you think will be moving on from this lot:

Contracts up in 2017
Navas
Yaya
Zaba
Clichy
Sagna
Caballero
Tosin

Contracts up in 2018
F’dinho
Kolarov

Not getting game time
Delph
F’do
Denayer
Nolito

Yaya i'd give a 2 year deal.
Toisin i'd offer a deal.
Willy i'd offer a 1 year deal
Sagna i'd offer 1 year too.
I'd say goodbye to Zab, Navas and Clichy.

Fernandinho i'd offer 2 year deal.
Kolarov i'd say goodbye.
I'd sell Fernando and Nolito. 8m and 8m

I think Delph could be ok if fit. Could do a job maybe at FB or DM as he does have an engine and puts a tackle in. English and seems popular in the dressing room. Obviously a squad player and not a starter.

We really need to focus on the defensive aspect of our squad this summer. Quick decent full backs! A GK who can save. Strong quick CB.

Contracts up in 2017
Navas - Toast
Yaya - Toast
Zaba -May get another year
Clichy - Toast
Sagna - May get another year if Zaba is seen as a defensive midfielder
Caballero- Another year as back up to whoever is No.1 while Gunn has a season long loan
Tosin - can see him leaving on a free

Contracts up in 2018
F’dinho - 12 month extension
Kolarov - See out his contract then off

Not getting game time
Delph - Not had a chance mainly due to injuries but will be off
F’do - Never been good enough, may as well have kept Garcia, will be off
Denayer- Could be kept but is in competition with Sagna/Zabs for 1 or 2 squad spots but if Sunderland stay up he may well be sold there.
Nolito - sold in 12 months to make way for youth.

This is what I would do....

Contracts up in 2017

Navas - go
Yaya-keep
Zaba- go
Clichy- go
Sagna- go
Caballero-go
Tosin- go

Contracts up in 2018

F’dinho - go once contract up
Kolorov - go once contract up

Not getting game time

Delph-go
F’do-go
Denayer-go
Nolito- go

Contracts up in 2017
Navas - Toast
Yaya - Toast
Zaba -May get another year
Clichy - Toast
Sagna - May get another year if Zaba is seen as a defensive midfielder
Caballero- Another year as back up to whoever is No.1 while Gunn has a season long loan
Tosin - can see him leaving on a free

Contracts up in 2018
F’dinho - 12 month extension
Kolarov - See out his contract then off

Not getting game time
Delph - Not had a chance mainly due to injuries but will be off
F’do - Never been good enough, may as well have kept Garcia, will be off
Denayer- Could be kept but is in competition with Sagna/Zabs for 1 or 2 squad spots but if Sunderland stay up he may well be sold there.
Nolito - sold in 12 months to make way for youth.
I pretty much agree with this.

Delph does seem popular and Pep is trying to get him on the pitch. That said I’d give Yaya another year and with Gundogan back and Garcia coming through it looks limited for him. For these reasons Fernando must be ready to move on. He has had some decent games but he is just so far down the list that he must be looking at a move. Same with Nolito he is down the list and I can see him moving on.

This must be the year we address the full back positions. At least 1 RB and 1 LB to leave maybe even all 4. At least 1 LB and 1 RB to join.

The biggest clearout will be getting value if any for the on loan players Nasri Mangala Harte Bony Denayer . Any of the players whose contracts are up can just be released. The only problems I see are getting decent backs in.

So we have an ageing squad with a number of players with contracts up this summer and 2018 and players simply not getting on the pitch for us! Who do you think will be moving on from this lot:

Contracts up in 2017
Navas
Yaya
Zaba
Clichy
Sagna
Caballero
Tosin

Contracts up in 2018
F’dinho
Kolarov

Not getting game time
Delph
F’do
Denayer
Nolito
Bravo free transfer to Stockport County

The biggest clearout will be getting value if any for the on loan players Nasri Mangala Harte Bony Denayer . Any of the players whose contracts are up can just be released. The only problems I see are getting decent backs in.

Agreed - I didn't go through all the loan players but when you factor in players out on loan as well you are talking about north of 16 players that could be looking for a new club this summer. Its almost a full match day squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.