Summer 2017 squad clear out.

Everyone expected a clearout of apocalyptic proportions last year and it never happened. Who actually left? Demichelis?

This summer will see about 5-6 departures.

Everyone expected a clearout of apocalyptic proportions last year and it never happened. Who actually left? Demichelis?

Contracts up in 2017
Navas - Gone
Yaya - Maybe will get a one season deal
Zaba - Either him or Sagna
Clichy -Gone
Sagna - Either him or Zabba
Caballero - Either him or Bravo
Tosin - -I think a deal will be reached and he'll be out on loan

Contracts up in 2018 - These two will definitely see out their contracts unless they receive daft offers
F’dinho
Kolarov

Not getting game time - If any reasonable offer comes in for these four, they'll be sold
Delph
F’do
Denayer
Nolito

Hart, Mangala and Nasri will also be gone permanently this summer

IMO at least seven, possibly twelve and apart from Tosin, this doesn't include fringe youth/academy players of which I could see another seven or eight leaving as is the case nearly every summer

Colombia Australia Turkey England Ukraine Belgium ivory coast France we currently have internationals from these countries out on loan . If you add in Nasri , all the youngsters plus those whose contracts are up I can still see us next season with too many players. The area needing strengthening is back line and goalie. There should be no players bought for any attacking it midfield position unless they are brought in on a year loan to allow time for the youngsters to blend in

Agreed - I thought a lot more would happen last summer. I don't see how it could be less than 5 big name departures this summer. I can see it being as many as 10.

The only guaranteed stayers of the current first team are Gunn, Stones, Kolarov, Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, García, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sané, Sterling, Jesus and Aguero. Only 13.

big question

after last night game and looking at the age of this squad its a big ( BIG QUESTION ) some players looked old last night slow, lost, clueless, it was just hard to watch at times

all the fullback at the club are over the hill and the wrong age of 30 yaya can not run the game anymore the power is not there the legs looking heavy only the front line of sane sterling jesus can put there shirts on the peg for next season the centre backs only stones can step forward and put his shirt on the peg

now the midfield its going to be the hardest choice and is anybody safe i don't think pep is going to carry anybody next season KDB and silva will stay and fernandinho can play anywhere

so it's going to be brutal (the culling of this season squad) i can only say 7 or 8 safe

Contracts up in 2017
Navas - Bye
Yaya - 1 year extension
Zaba - Bye
Clichy - Bye
Sagna - 1 year extension
Caballero - 1 year extension
Tosin - It will be nice if he can do a " Fernando, sign new deal with us and then we can cash him :)

Contracts up in 2018
F’dinho - Keep
Kolarov - Keep

Not getting game time
Delph - Keep
F’do - Bye
Denayer - Bye
Nolito - Keep

Judging by his bemused looks on the sidelines i think we can trust Peps opinion on who's part of the summer clear out. Remember he's working with what he's got right now.

For me Fernandinho has to go.

I don't care how good he is individually(and I think he is very overrated for his graft tbh), he's old and simply does not fit into this system.

All season long, we've played our best football without him.

At worst, it's him or yaya and not him and yaya.

But at his age, move him on and let Gundogan, Garcia and a.n. other contest for that role in the team.

Clichy
Clown-Waving-Hand-And-Says-Goodbye-Animated-Gif.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.