Summer Transfers

The bigger problem is that he's not showing any signs of ever being anything other than shite. He's Aaron Lennon with less of a work ethic.
Never seen such hilarious player before. The thing is you'd get a Pele's heir if you were able to replace his brain with one from any average championship player.

Some interesting comments from Aymeric Laporte after Bilbao were thrashed by Villarreal yesterday. Basically admitted he had taken calls from other clubs and he could move on in the summer, particularly if the coach gets sacked.

He'd be my choice for CB partner to Stones FWIW, but I can see why Pep would want experience and would perhaps try again with Bonucci (and there's a lot of smoke there to be no fire)
Wouldn't mind Laporte, he's cut out the stupid tackles this season. Would prefer Van Dijk though tbh.

Some interesting comments from Aymeric Laporte after Bilbao were thrashed by Villarreal yesterday. Basically admitted he had taken calls from other clubs and he could move on in the summer, particularly if the coach gets sacked.

He'd be my choice for CB partner to Stones FWIW, but I can see why Pep would want experience and would perhaps try again with Bonucci (and there's a lot of smoke there to be no fire)
Probably. Though considering 'ideal', umcompromized requirement for Pep's defs, Bonucci and Laporte aren't even playing in one position as Laporte is a leftie. Having Stones/Bonucci on one side with Laporte/Kolarov on another would be amazing.

Wouldn't mind Laporte, he's cut out the stupid tackles this season. Would prefer Van Dijk though tbh.

IMO the Van Dijk trail is cold if Chelsea are in on him. Think the only reason his name is being raised at this point is some are taking @tolmie's hairdoo 's "big dick" clue to be him.

He'd be a fantastic get, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen anything to suggest City are interested (even the original link was due to The Sun, who link us with just about every player in the hopes they'll get one right)

Probably. Though considering 'ideal', umcompromized requirement for Pep's defs, Bonucci and Laporte aren't even playing in one position as Laporte is a leftie. Having Stones/Bonucci on one side with Laporte/Kolarov on another would be amazing.

True and it's fact we were close to signing both last summer, so who knows?

I do think our needs are greater at full back, GK, DM and striker though, so only one CB in a window of potentially 8 or more signings wouldn't be surprising.

IMO the Van Dijk trail is cold if Chelsea are in on him
I think the only player we've lost out to Chelsea on since the takeover has been Hazard while we've taken a few they've been after - Stones, Sterling, Dinho, Gundogan etc. Wouldn't be concerned about going head to head with Chelsea for a player in the slightest.

Would cost another £100m though, Bonucci can sod off

I think the only player we've lost out to Chelsea on since the takeover has been Hazard while we've taken a few they've been after - Stones, Sterling, Dinho, Gundogan etc. Wouldn't be concerned about going head to head with Chelsea for a player in the slightest.

I agree, though it did come out he'd prefer London over Manchester if given the choice. My point was more that he doesn't really seem to be linked with any team other than Chelsea and no reputable source has ever suggested we are in on him, yet.

Would cost another £100m though, Bonucci can sod off

Uhhh, what?

Isn't laportes release clause now around €75m??

€65m. Release clause is irrelevant if the player wants to leave.

My only concern with bringing in Laporte to partner Stones would be a lack of experience in defence.

Add in Ederson who is 23 and 2 very likely young fullbacks...it could work but I would expect inconsistencies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.