Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Trautmann's Chiropractor, 1 Feb 2017.

1. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Never seen such hilarious player before. The thing is you'd get a Pele's heir if you were able to replace his brain with one from any average championship player.

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Wouldn't mind Laporte, he's cut out the stupid tackles this season. Would prefer Van Dijk though tbh.

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Probably. Though considering 'ideal', umcompromized requirement for Pep's defs, Bonucci and Laporte aren't even playing in one position as Laporte is a leftie. Having Stones/Bonucci on one side with Laporte/Kolarov on another would be amazing.

4. Akiva

Akiva

IMO the Van Dijk trail is cold if Chelsea are in on him. Think the only reason his name is being raised at this point is some are taking @tolmie's hairdoo 's "big dick" clue to be him.

He'd be a fantastic get, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen anything to suggest City are interested (even the original link was due to The Sun, who link us with just about every player in the hopes they'll get one right)

True and it's fact we were close to signing both last summer, so who knows?

I do think our needs are greater at full back, GK, DM and striker though, so only one CB in a window of potentially 8 or more signings wouldn't be surprising.

5. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    I think the only player we've lost out to Chelsea on since the takeover has been Hazard while we've taken a few they've been after - Stones, Sterling, Dinho, Gundogan etc. Wouldn't be concerned about going head to head with Chelsea for a player in the slightest.

6. Serg10Aguero

Serg10Aguero

Would cost another £100m though, Bonucci can sod off

7. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Then I'd take LCD over RCD. Laporte, please.

8. richards30

richards30

Isn't laportes release clause now around €75m??

9. Akiva

Akiva

I agree, though it did come out he'd prefer London over Manchester if given the choice. My point was more that he doesn't really seem to be linked with any team other than Chelsea and no reputable source has ever suggested we are in on him, yet.

Uhhh, what?

€65m. Release clause is irrelevant if the player wants to leave.

10. cadds92

cadds92

My only concern with bringing in Laporte to partner Stones would be a lack of experience in defence.

Add in Ederson who is 23 and 2 very likely young fullbacks...it could work but I would expect inconsistencies.