Summer Transfers

I think one lb and one rb is all we need. We are more than covered in other areas.
CB: Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Adarabioyo + Kolarov
CM/CDM: Fernandinho, Yaya, Fernando, Gundogan, A Garcia
AM: de Bruyne, Silva
Front 3: Aguero, G Jesus, Sterling, Sane, Iheanacho, Roberts
If we buy a new cb, cm or winger/striker than we are looking for some problems from inside squad.

C3_F_X3UkAARSg3.jpg:large

What about this for a squad

Dont think Sane or Sterling deserve to be dropped, I love Sergio and everything he has done for the club but it is apparent that it is time to go

C3_F_X3UkAARSg3.jpg:large

What about this for a squad
David Silva is the captain and would probably be a starter. That means Gundogan is a backup once he gets healthy. The only position worth upgrading is Dihno/Yaya at DM. I have no clue who that would be. It's not Carvalho though. Needs a little more energy from the player.

Don't like Rose or Sidibe. Good players but technique isn't at the level required. Semedo, Heinrich, Karsdorp, Perreirra. That the technical level we should be aspiring for.

LB: Bernat, Sandro, Grimaldo. That's the technical level at LB.

If we get Laporte, then I think it would mean Kompany has been judged as unable to get over his injuries.

The front 3 seems fine. But there is a likelihood Aguero goes. Either way, he would not be captain I don't think.

I think it's obvious we'll be in the market for a LB, RB and GK. The former two are by Pep's own admission and the latter is painfully obvious to all.

Pep likes midfielders, so I wouldn't put it past him bringing in at least one. Carvalho is a head-scratcher though, linked by the media only because of Pep's brother now being his agent. They've pulled the same trick with just about every good player out there, and it means little. That said, I do think a long term, reliable option will be sought for where Yaya currently holds the fort. Gundogan's injuries and Pep's preference to play him further up the park mean it will have to come from outside, ultimately.

As for strikers, the jury is out. Dybala is such an obvious target it doesn't need to be said. If there's the slightest chance he can be available the club will pounce, make no mistake. Outside that, it all depends on what Sergio will do, if he's gone then you're looking at Aubameyang back in the conversation again, if he stays then you work on making him more in tune with Pep's system and hope that, alongside Jesus and Kelechi, it's enough. My gut feeling is that he could leave and that, either which way, we need something much more to start a serious title push alongside our seriously talented youngsters.

I feel the club will make another run on both Bonucci and/or Laporte, potentially now with offers that the respective clubs may find impossible to refuse. Maybe another attempt for Bellerin, which could well gain traction if Wenger is finally heading out the Arsenal door (which I think he will). Bravo is pretty much gone, too much ill-will there and it's clear he's not settled, I'd expect Moraes or Rulli in as number 1. As for midfielders, Weigl is the obvious target there, Pep is a big fan and he fits right in with our 21-and-under squad refresh. Finally, you're realistically looking at a Grimaldo or Bernat for LB, I think Rose would be low-balling for us and I don't think Pep, or City, will be messing around or gambling with any signings this Summer.

I think it's obvious we'll be in the market for a LB, RB and GK. The former two are by Pep's own admission and the latter is painfully obvious to all.

Pep likes midfielders, so I wouldn't put it past him bringing in at least one. Carvalho is a head-scratcher though, linked by the media only because of Pep's brother now being his agent. They've pulled the same trick with just about every good player out there, and it means little. That said, I do think a long term, reliable option will be sought for where Yaya currently holds the fort. Gundogan's injuries and Pep's preference to play him further up the park mean it will have to come from outside, ultimately.

As for strikers, the jury is out. Dybala is such an obvious target it doesn't need to be said. If there's the slightest chance he can be available the club will pounce, make no mistake. Outside that, it all depends on what Sergio will do, if he's gone then you're looking at Aubameyang back in the conversation again, if he stays then you work on making him more in tune with Pep's system and hope that, alongside Jesus and Kelechi, it's enough. My gut feeling is that he could leave and that, either which way, we need something much more to start a serious title push alongside our seriously talented youngsters.

I feel the club will make another run on both Bonucci and/or Laporte, potentially now with offers that the respective clubs may find impossible to refuse. Maybe another attempt for Bellerin, which could well gain traction if Wenger is finally heading out the Arsenal door (which I think he will). Bravo is pretty much gone, too much ill-will there and it's clear he's not settled, I'd expect Moraes or Rulli in as number 1. As for midfielders, Weigl is the obvious target there, Pep is a big fan and he fits right in with our 21-and-under squad refresh. Finally, you're realistically looking at a Grimaldo or Bernat for LB, I think Rose would be low-balling for us and I don't think Pep, or City, will be messing around or gambling with any signings this Summer.

excellent post, i think if sergio is gone city will push hard for dybala who is a stud in my opinion

i agree that rose isnt a good enough option for us

Agree with everything
Excellent post

Attack- Paulo Dybala, Julian Brandt
Midfield- Isco, Mahmoud Dahoud
Defense- Alex Grimaldo, Theo and Lucas Hernandez, Fabinho
Goalkeeper- Rulli

Gone/Sold: Zab, Clichy, Sagna, Toure, Navas, Fernando, Delph, Hart, Willy, Mangala, Bony, Aguero

Attack- Paulo Dybala, Julian Brandt
Midfield- Isco, Mahmoud Dahoud
Defense- Alex Grimaldo, Theo and Lucas Hernandez, Fabinho
Goalkeeper- Rulli

Gone/Sold: Zab, Clichy, Sagna, Toure, Navas, Fernando, Delph, Hart, Willy, Mangala, Bony, Aguero
Off the top of my head that would leave us with just the 20 non homegrown players for our squad.

I don't think we need to make major changes.

We need two full backs, and a goalkeeper, and it seems we'll be back in for Laporte, but apart from that do we need anyone else?

I'm sure Kun will stay, he's said he wants to and the club said we're not selling him. Jesus has started well but he's 19, and you can't have only one top striker with the amount of games we play.

We're settled with Sané, Sterling, KDB and Silva, some of the best attacking midfielders/wingers in the world.

Possibly a defensive midfielder to come, but I don't think we need anyone else, just GK, LB, RB and CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.