Summer Transfers

So you are arguing reputation and not performance then.

I was discussing performances this season. So I don't think its particularly relevant whether people had heard of them.

I bet most on this site didn't know Mbappe or Bernado Silva before the season started. This however doesn't mean these guys haven't had better seasons than a slew of well known players.
Considering City had a highly publicised bid for him in the summer makes me think most of us would have heard of Mbappé.

Considering City had a highly publicised bid for him in the summer makes me think most of us would have heard of Mbappé.
You knew how good he was? And how does that apply to Bernado? But keep trying.

I did? When? Where?

Oh wait, fake news. :)

Again it depends on what you want in a CB. Granted he seems like he'd be a good for for our philosophy.

This season there are multiple defenders I'll take over Bonucci.

Including
Van Dijk
Kolcieny
Alderwereld
Ramos
Pique
Marqhuinos
Sockratis
Godin
Fazio
Hummels
Javi Martinez
Hubner
Chiriches
Perrin

Right there

You knew how good he was? And how does that apply to Bernado? But keep trying.
I rated him certainly. I mean there's no way I or anyone could have said for sure how good he was going to be until he had played a few more professional games but he was certainly a player I was aware of and knew he had ability.

I wasn't trying to discount your point entirely, just pointing out that most City fans would have heard of Mbappé due to our interest.

But considering you are asking for it, Silva and Mbappé have had breakthrough seasons at young ages (22 and 18 respectively), whereas the likes of Fazio and Chiriches (30 and 27) have had good seasons following a string of poor seasons. There's nothing to suggest they are anything other than one season wonders, remember Mahrez? Zaki? Michu?

Bonucci has been at the top of the game for at least half a decade now and he's just reaching his peak.

Last edited:
I truly don't think we are in need of a starting CB. I think we have 3 that are above average and frankly closing in on top end. Rather we just need a 4 guy. Most have chuckled and someone joked that I was his mom, but for my money Vlad Chiriches would be a great value pickup.

This is borderline insane. None of our centre backs are currently good enough. One has a lot of potential, the other has the footballing brain of a fucking lemming and the last one is just a general liability despite being our most consistent this season and will be 32 before the end of the year.

We need someone of genuine quality and not to be in a position where we're heading into next season still relying on the same unreliable defenders when there's no guarantee that they'll progress to a level that is fitting of an elite club.

Sometimes players find a great situation and they blossom. Fazio seems to have found that spot

So let's leave him there and not bring him back to the league he was shite in.

For what it's worth, I more or less agree with you about Bonucci but our defence has to be improved upon this summer or we'll see the same end product next season.

Right there
As you can tell from the context of simply saying these were the players that have been better thsn Bonucci. Not that is want them at City.

That was in response to a claim Bonnuci was a top 5 player. I never suggested we should get Perin. Just that he is having a better season.

F this argument, we should go hard at Southampton for VVD. He's a leader, unflinching on the ball, decent passer and hard as nuts and bolts.

So you are arguing reputation and not performance then.

I was discussing performances this season. So I don't think its particularly relevant whether people had heard of them.

I bet most on this site didn't know Mbappe or Bernado Silva before the season started. This however doesn't mean these guys haven't had better seasons than a slew of well known players.

That tells you everything you need to know about how well they've been playing this season then doesn't it? They're making a name of themselves.

For instance I never heard of Modeste until this season because he's daggering.

As you can tell from the context of simply saying these were the players that have been better thsn Bonucci. Not that is want them at City.

That was in response to a claim Bonnuci was a top 5 player. I never suggested we should get Perin. Just that he is having a better season.
Except you said that they are (and I quote) "Defenders I'll take over Bonucci"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.