Summer Transfers

Clearly the unproven list, but that doesn't really address the point the OP was making which was about Bonucci being almost 30 and playing in a league that is very kind to ageing and slower players. How many on your list was Italian centre backs?
You are right. Bonucci may struggle, I mean I think he's good enough to adapt pretty quickly and the language barrier has never really been a problem for our big name signings.

I just hate the whole "sign this player bc he's proven in the Prem" nonsense. Most of our worst signings have been "Prem Proven".

You are right. Bonucci may struggle, I mean I think he's good enough to adapt pretty quickly and the language barrier has never really been a problem for our big name signings.

I just hate the whole "sign this player bc he's proven in the Prem" nonsense. Most of our worst signings have been "Prem Proven".
I agree

Charlie Adam has just come out and said roughly what i have Jack Butland. i do not believe Hart has gone for his on field exploits , and he is better by a long way than what we have but so is Butland, and of course he still has 10 years left to play

"Premier League proven" signings:
Wilf Bony
Scott Sinclair
Jack Rodwell
Bacary Sagna
Joleon Lescott
John Stones
Raz Sterling
Fabian Delph
Owen Hargreaves
Gaël Clichy
James Milner
Samir Nasri
Roque Santa Cruz
Emmanuel Adebayor

Unproven signings:
Sergio Agüero
Yaya Touré
Vincent Kompany
David Silva
Claudio Bravo
Leroy Sané
Gabriel Jesus
Kevin De Bruyne
Nico Otamendi
Nolito
Ilkay Gündogan
Willy Caballero
Fernandinho
Alvaro Negredo
Jesus Navas

which list is more impressive?
Apart from missing Tevez and Barry from the PL list you also miss out every Italian signing which is more appropriate when considering Bonnucci, this would include amongst others Jovetic, Ballotelli Maicon Nastasic Kolarov a somewhat less auspicious list than the ones you print and that is forgetting some of our earlier signings like Biancci, Dabo or Corradi.

Apologies if already mentioned, but it seems we're being linked with Ben Gibson according to the OS. Thoughts?

Apart from missing Tevez and Barry from the PL list you also miss out every Italian signing which is more appropriate when considering Bonnucci, this would include amongst others Jovetic, Ballotelli Maicon Nastasic Kolarov a somewhat less auspicious list than the ones you print and that is forgetting some of our earlier signings like Biancci, Dabo or Corradi.

But when you weigh it up, most of our best players came from outside the premier leagur, our core if you like.

Vincent Kompany - Hamburg
Yaya Toure - Barcelona
Pablo Zabaleta - Espanyol
David Silva - Valencia
Sergio Aguero - Atletico Madrid
Kevin De Bruyne - Wolfsburg

Seriously, where would we be without most of these players, if not all of them?

Teams are always going to sign good players and bad players abroad, but if you weigh it up the success rate of buying outside the premier league is much higher than buying premier league proven players. Having said that, I would take Alexis Sanchez in a heartbeat, but my gripe is we need technical players to play the Guardiola way, most british players don't possess the football brain Pep wants. Having said that, our academy teams look like they are being coached the proper pep way of playing. So its simple, buy from abroad, bring homegrown through the academy and don't piss your money down the drain on british premier league players.

Apologies if already mentioned, but it seems we're being linked with Ben Gibson according to the OS. Thoughts?

i think he'd be class tbh, very good defender. boro have an excellent defensive record. if it was for a squad place i think he'd be worth it. an all english pairing of stones and gibson would be nice to see.

Ben Gibson wouldn't be the greatest of signings but if Pep can work with and improve the player then fair enough.

Think he would be a good signing. Left footed and young. Him and Stones could build a good partnership over the next few years if we bought him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.