Sunday Supplement 17/18

We don't get written about because nobody wants to read about us.
Maybe they should realise that writing click-bait stories full of lies and false news means we don't read them.
Meanwhile Rag stories get click-bait because they'll read any old crap

But at least Neil Ashton raised the point and Martin Samuel said what we all already know.
Maybe the tide is starting to turn

It’s the first time they have actually admitted that story’s are placed for click bait, it’s very damning of our so called free press that they are actually not unbiased as they claim to be but are driven by ad revenue.

It's not really. We use the media as a source of information so that's what we expect it to be - fair and impartial. But the raisin d'etre of the media is not to be an impartial source of information, its actually to generate revenue for its owners. Annoying as it is, it's up to the Mirror how they make their money, and since I don't like the way they toady to the rags I don't buy it. But that's their choice as to how they sell their product, and it's my choice that it's a product I don't want. Rather than damning for Martin Samuel to say it's all about clicks, I think it refreshingly honest.

This is however why I personally view bias amongst the BBC (e.g. The Pete the Badge thing) to be the worst of all. The BBC is NOT there to make money for its owner - they have a statutory basis which requires them to inform educate and entertain, not chase clicks or pander to their own personal preferences.

Nice for the supplement to confirm to the world that all that's important in the world today is click bait. United are the click bait kings of the world. They can keep that trophy forever as far as I'm concerned.
I'm totally comfortable with us not being as big as United off the pitch at the moment. Id rather us do our talking to the world on the pitch thank you very much.
I get my city fix through bluemoon so sod buying a newspaper or clicking on one of their links on the tinternet just too read about Pogbas new dance or zlatans a biological wonder for coming back from injury before he should have or Rashford is the best striker the UK has ever seen.
Nailed it here. Fuck them all. Even when we were shit I didn't care what the media wrote about so why should I care now when we're the best team?

Fuck me heard it all now some knobhead on there Manchester city winning the premier league is a new entity etc etc they haven't got the players to come out and talk about the league, they have to bring on buzzer etc. then the clueless bastard says like arsenal ' Liverpool ' caragher etc when have Liverpool and caragher won the premiership they hate us with a passion

It’s the first time they have actually admitted that story’s are placed for click bait, it’s very damning of our so called free press that they are actually not unbiased as they claim to be but are driven by ad revenue.

Most people don't buy newspapers anymore, why would they when you can access them for free online? With plummeting sales they have to make their money somehow so I can understand why they do it, as annoying as it is. They are missing a trick though they should be pushing what we are doing everywhere as no football fan couldn't fail to be excited by our style of football and what is happening. Millions more fan's would mean more clickbait and advertising revenue for them if they got their head out of their arses!

I get my city fix through bluemoon so sod buying a newspaper or clicking on one of their links on the tinternet just too read about Pogbas new dance or zlatans a biological wonder for coming back from injury before he should have or Rashford is the best striker the UK has ever seen.

Yep. I find it incredible that anyone still buys/clicks/reads/subscribes to this shit.

Fuck me heard it all now some knobhead on there Manchester city winning the premier league is a new entity etc etc they haven't got the players to come out and talk about the league, they have to bring on buzzer etc. then the clueless bastard says like arsenal ' Liverpool ' caragher etc when have Liverpool and caragher won the premiership they hate us with a passion

Well David Platt was never off Sky Sports before he came to City, & then appeared again, just after Mancini (& him) left, but blew his chance to slag us off & therefore has never been seen since.

I'm pretty sure Patrick Vieira is available for the occasional appearence during several months of the season whilst NYC aren't playing, how about current Premier League players such as Pablo Zabaleta, who is doing fuck all on european nights, or how about using Craig Bellamy, who fucking works for Sky, on more of our games rather than just using ex Utd, Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea people.

It's not really. We use the media as a source of information so that's what we expect it to be - fair and impartial. But the raisin d'etre of the media is not to be an impartial source of information, its actually to generate revenue for its owners. Annoying as it is, it's up to the Mirror how they make their money, and since I don't like the way they toady to the rags I don't buy it. But that's their choice as to how they sell their product, and it's my choice that it's a product I don't want. Rather than damning for Martin Samuel to say it's all about clicks, I think it refreshingly honest.

This is however why I personally view bias amongst the BBC (e.g. The Pete the Badge thing) to be the worst of all. The BBC is NOT there to make money for its owner - they have a statutory basis which requires them to inform educate and entertain, not chase clicks or pander to their own personal preferences.

Well I suppose it is a currant affairs programme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.