Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Stockport mackem, 27 Jun 2017.

1. davek1808

davek1808

Don't mind Sunderland although I have bad memories of Stan Cummings.

2. BJL_City

BJL_City

shame Nissan wouldn't do something with them like VW do Wolfsburg.

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Stuart Pee-Arse could do a job for yer - no goals from New Year's Day to the end of the season. Would that be an improvement?

4. chabal

chabal

Never forgiven them for knocking us out of the 1973 FA Cup.

Tueart and Watson - bastards.

5. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    That's what they need - to be owned half by the fans and half by Nissan. Get local lads playing for them - they seriously should just focus on getting a squad made up totally of lasds born within 50 miles of the ground. Are you not telling me you couldn't get 11 good lads from the North east.

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

seems the North East clubs are struggling to unearth them, may be old fashioned coaching and scouting practices.

7. Southern

Southern

Just looked at the Championship table. Do you think you will be in League 1 next season?
    If you survive this season, do you think the concept of having your training ground in the London area would be good? I read one of the Secret Footballer books recently and a couple of years ago he was saying that no-one wants to go there cos of the location, and because it is poorly run. Players were only going there for wages

8. Stockport mackem

Stockport mackem

I fully expect us to be in league 1 next season.
    The clearout is nowhere near done yet...we literally need to clear everything, and rebuild from our academy, not in London though

9. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

grammar policeman
    A spell in Division 1 can do you good, sometimes. It’s like being sentenced to be hanged in the morning. Concentrates the mind wonderfully. And we know...

;-)

10. Southern

Southern

You would attract better players in the South. No one will come for football reasons alone