Sunderland looking at London training ground!

W W

worsleyweb

Apparently they are seriously looking at this as a long term plan to help them attract players who would prefer to be based in London and just travel up for games.

Can see the logic as not many would want to live up there long term.

What does anyone think ? A good idea or not.

Think that if i was a sunderland fan, i would not pay to see a bunch wankers earning too much cash, who wanted nothing to do with the town or fans they were supposed to be representing.

It kind of makes sense as they would definitely find it easier to recruit better foreign players, but there are lots of negatives as well

What about the junior teams and the academy? When they're good enough do they have to move to London?

It kind of makes sense as they would definitely find it easier to recruit better foreign players, but there are lots of negatives as well

What about the junior teams and the academy? When they're good enough do they have to move to London?
Well done Mr 18 year old, we are promoting you to the 1st team. Now pack your bags and fuck off out of Sunderland.

Footballers know they need to be mobile. You could be told you're heading on loan to Valencia (?) and Mallorca as happened with Angelino this year. The only surprise is it's taken so long for an English club to think about it. Let's face it if you're trying to recruit a player who's lived in Monaco for a few years the North East isn't really a big draw is it?

Think that if i was a sunderland fan, i would not pay to see a bunch wankers earning too much cash, who wanted nothing to do with the town or fans they were supposed to be representing.
This all day long. What an absolute betrayal of the city by AFC Sunderland.

Pandering to mardarse millionaire footballers is how I see it.

There are some really nice areas to live up in the north east of England and Sunderland itself is a decent city with a passionate fanbase.

I don't get why a promising young player wouldn't want to go up there and potentially be adored by 40k plus fans.

If it was me, I'd rather play for Sunderland than say crystal palace, Watford or Bournemouth.

LONDON.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.