Sunderland Relegated

Sadly, I believe it will be more than just the one season. I'm no fan of Gollum but he alone should not have to shoulder the sole responsibility of relegation. Most of the players are just not Prem standard: too many rag cast-offs for one thing (John O'Shea being the worst). In fact their whole recruitment policy would have been handled a bloody sight better if the Marx Brothers had been in charge.

There is something inherently rotten about the way that club is being managed - and if anyone should know about bad management we should. They need a complete clear out of all the deadwood and a totally fresh start. The parachute payments will help, but it's going to take more than just money to get back into the Prem.

Yes, it saddens me to say it's probably going to be a good few years before they are back in the top-tier, it saddens me because I like the club, I like the fans, and those fans deserve a lot better than what they've been fobbed off with for the last couple of years.

That's if the manager gets any of the parachute money. I bet the owner will pocket most of it.

Have to share this from the Sunderland forum, some of the incidents that have affected them down the years;
Putting a clause into stefan swartz contract that he cannot travel to outer space whilst playing for the club.
Having a player ruled out injured because he burnt his bollocks with baby milk.
Having a player ruled out because he tripped over his dog and fell down the stairs
Having a player ruled out due to being stung by a jelly fish.
Selling darren bent when the club had no other recognised striker meaning nedum onhoua played up front.
Scoring 3 own goals in 12 minutes, the dubious goals panel then having to adjudicate between 2 sunderland players as to which one scored one of them.
Announcing the club had signed a world class defender which turned out to be phil babb.
Signing jolean lescott despite the fact he had apparently been ruled out for the season.
Signing a player on deadline day, playing him the day after then being told he wasnt registered in time.
Announcing redundancies whilst the team were away on a 2 week bonding trip.
Being offered rakitik for 1 million but turning him down as not good enough.
Theres more but im giving up. Gotta love the Mackems!

Sad to see them drop down to the Championship. Always had a lot of time for them and hope that they can regroup and get up soon.

It will be tough to come back up as there are some big teams in the Championship next season.

I think Gollum has been permanently damaged by his experience with the rags. I would give an upcoming British manager a chance and maybe get some decent loan players in.

Will be rooting for them next season.

It will be tough to come back up as there are some big teams in the Championship next season.

I think Gollum has been permanently damaged by his experience with the rags. I would give an upcoming British manager a chance and maybe get some decent loan players in.

Garry Monk rumoured not to be signed up by Leeds yet, could do worse.

The Championship is always an exciting and unpredictable league. Some 'big' clubs down there seem to knock on the door year after year but then some small time outfit will come steaming past them and go up like its easy. Bournemouth are a classic example of a small club that breezed through a promotion season when the likes of Forrest and Birmingham are just in there year after year.

Hope Wednesday go up this time.

Good luck to Sunderland in the championship, I hope they're back in the premier league soon, though they have some issues to sort out boardroom-wise of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.