Sunderland thread

scotty123

Let me start by saying that i like Sunderland as a football club, my mates Brother in Law is a Sunderland fan born and bred on Weirside you could not get a better bloke anywhere, their fans in general are a good bunch far more hospitable than the Barcodes
Watching the highlights of their game Yesterday though the Stadium of Light was half empty, now i know it was only Kiddy they were playing but that was very disappointing seeing as what they did at the swamp on Wednesday, but come Wembley you all know what they are going to sing to us don't you, that amusing little ditty ''where were you when you were shit''
I seriously hope they have more class than that, not holding my breath though!

Sunderland fans will go down to Wembley to enjoy themselves and enjoy the occasion. They will be singing songs about their own club not ours. It will be a great day out for both sets of fans.

BlueT said:
Sunderland fans will go down to Wembley to enjoy themselves and enjoy the occasion. They will be singing songs about their own club not ours. It will be a great day out for both sets of fans.
I know they will, they will be loud and proud as will we, just hope they do not stoop to Cardiff, Blackburn and the rests level, they are too good for that

I'd say they won't be too happy with Di Canio this morning. Coming out saying that Bardsley and Cattermole are ''rotten'' and accusing O'Shea of slagging off his team mates in the manager's office. Whether any of it is true or not is almost a side issue as to the timing of it. They've just got to their first major final in 24 years and a re scrapping to stay in the PL. Not sure they need this sort of distraction.

Its a cup final and anything can happen..

Both sets of fans will make it a great final and the winner will deserve it..

If its not City I will stay and applaud Sunderland..As I did Wigan last year.

We play them Wednesday 12th February 2014 19:45 GMT at home let's hope we can escape this game with minimal damage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them going in hard in this match

It was against non-league opposition. City might have sold out yesterday, but 3-4 years ago we'd have struggled to get 30k for a Cup fixture

They are probably focused on staying up and the League Cup Final. Anything else and it might harm their chances

I'm pleased for Sunderland. Their fans deserve something and have had their fair share of ups and downs, but don't seem to get too bitter about it. Should be a great day, and hopefully another trophy for us.

blue underpants said:
Let me start by saying that i like Sunderland as a football club, my mates Brother in Law is a Sunderland fan born and bred on Weirside you could not get a better bloke anywhere, their fans in general are a good bunch far more hospitable than the Barcodes
Watching the highlights of their game Yesterday though the Stadium of Light was half empty, now i know it was only Kiddy they were playing but that was very disappointing seeing as what they did at the swamp on Wednesday, but come Wembley you all know what they are going to sing to us don't you, that amusing little ditty ''where were you when you were shit''
I seriously hope they have more class than that, not holding my breath though!

Came across my first Mackem many years ago on a campsite in Brittany. I think one of the first games of the season was Sunderland v City whilst we were still there - think we lost 4-1. He was happy but not triumphalist! Solid folk - unlike those FOCs further north.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.