Sunderland v City post match

I think most of you are missing the point, the point being that David is getting booked for fouls where the opponents are not. All the fans are asking for is that the ref's are consistant and book for the same type of foul no matter who the player is. However that just does not seem to be happening in the case of our players.

And you don't think its cynical when the opposition target his ankles with scrapes, kicks and stamps then?

Yes, some of them are, of course.
It's quite often a matter of angle of the tackle and distance from the ball. Several of Silva's are from behind which is far more likely to get a card.

Sometimes he does take people out though - several of his cards are for being a bit cynical, same as Sterling.
I've also seen @squirtyflower 's reply, and agree with his comments.
To go back to the Everton away game, that young thug Davies fouled him around 6 or 7 times, at least 2 or 3 were cynical tackles from behind, all worthy of a yellow card. Each of these were far worse than the trip (his only foul of the match!) by Silva. Even the commentator said that a yellow card should have been the result of his first "challenge", but the referee, the soon-to-be Saudi Prince Mark Clattenburg, merely gave the free kick, and thus gave Davies a licence to kick him at every opportunity.. Remember, he also ignored a blatant penalty by the keeper on Stirling at 0-0 and we eventually lost 4-0. It would have been so different if the Laws of the game had been correctly observed, but that is covered in a separate thread.

To go back to the Everton away game, that young thug Davies fouled him around 6 or 7 times, at least 2 or 3 were cynical tackles from behind, all worthy of a yellow card. Each of these were far worse than the trip (his only foul of the match!) by Silva. Even the commentator said that a yellow card should have been the result of his first "challenge", but the referee, the soon-to-be Saudi Prince Mark Clattenburg, merely gave the free kick, and thus gave Davies a licence to kick him at every opportunity.. Remember, he also ignored a blatant penalty by the keeper on Stirling at 0-0 and we eventually lost 4-0. It would have been so different if the Laws of the game had been correctly observed. but that is covered in a separate thread.

I have never said that refs protect him. I said his fouls are often bookable.

And yes, he gets kicked around.

To go back to the Everton away game, that young thug Davies fouled him around 6 or 7 times, at least 2 or 3 were cynical tackles from behind, all worthy of a yellow card. Each of these were far worse than the trip (his only foul of the match!) by Silva. Even the commentator said that a yellow card should have been the result of his first "challenge", but the referee, the soon-to-be Saudi Prince Mark Clattenburg, merely gave the free kick, and thus gave Davies a licence to kick him at every opportunity.. Remember, he also ignored a blatant penalty by the keeper on Stirling at 0-0 and we eventually lost 4-0. It would have been so different if the Laws of the game had been correctly observed, but that is covered in a separate thread.
It's almost the same every single game
It's tiresome.

Silva wasn't but Sterling was. As soon as Sterling moved towards the ball and impeded the Sunderland defender (which he definitely did) he became active and was thus offside. Referees and Assistants get plenty of rightful grief but that was a correct decision and if it had been at the other end and been allowed we'd have been apoplectic with rage!
Fair enough thanks for your response.

Not read the thread so sorry if this has been discussed did anybody else notice aguero jumping up like a kid in a sweet shop after sane scored.Such a joy to see him elated we'd killed the game off he's a fooking legend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.