Sunderland's sensory room for autistic fans lauded as ‘absolutely incredible’

I saw programme, really good idea at Sunderland.

Earlier this season I took my 13 year autistic neighbour Mathew to a game. Matt was brought up a rag by his dad but everytime I saw Matt id say "you a blue yet mat, the future is City". I must of said this a dozen times, and I asked same question and Matt said "err yes I am, I'm sick of United!". I asked if he wanted to come and watch the blues and his face lit up, "yes please, i'll ask my dad."
His dad told me that he didn't fancy Matt going to a game, said he doesn't like large crowds. Unknowing at the time that Matt was autistic, I thought It was because he couldn't bear his son going to watch the blues.

Anyway, Matt knocked on my door and said his dad said was ok, so I took him to the game. Bought him some food and drinks and a scarf and Matt really enjoyed the game and seeing us win. Really pleased that he's now hooked on the blues, good lad Matt. : )

Well done, Risin'. That's a great story.

And well done to Sunderland, too. It's good to see them taking notice of supporters' requests and needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.