Superstar Signings.

svennis pennis

Can we just draw a fuck off line under them please.

We will not be signing Kaka, Villa, Buffon or Ribery.

There is no chance in hell of any of those players at the moment. Not in January and certainly not with Hughes in charge. Our league position has now emphasized Hughes stance on bringing in his cloggers in order for us to survive.

Seriously. what player in their right mind would want to play for a team or manager that doesn't know its arse from its elbow?

svennis pennis said:

There is no chance in hell of any of those players at the moment. Not in January and certainly not with Hughes in charge. Our league position has now emphasized Hughes stance on bringing in his cloggers in order for us to survive.

Seriously. what player in their right mind would want to play for a team or manager that doesn't know its arse from its elbow?

Some people just aren't in touch with the real world mate, they seem to think that City are some huge draw. We are not and like it or not, to other clubs fans we are no bigger than Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham or Everton for example.

I'm happy to wait and see

would love a superstar signing and enjoy the speculation

but the I won't be upset if it doesn't happen .......... even though I think it a possability

I think that if we fail in the chase of the big signings we will be still taking on players that will significantly improve the squad.

either way I think January will be interesting on the transfer front

svennis pennis said:

what this man said ..

Do you think we would have more chance of signing superstars if Sven was still in charge?

shaundickov said:
Do you think we would have more chance of signing superstars if Sven was still in charge?

Without a doubt. The players we signed when we were relegation fodder on his arrival all sighted Sven as the reason for their signing.

We have 2 things that give us an advantage over the likes of Newcastle, Everton, West Ham etc. when it comes to trying to sign superstars:

1) Money
2) Robinho

Remember what happened on the last day of the transfer window?

We made outrageous bids for Berbatov, Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Villa, Gerrard, Robinho and a whole host of other world superstars. We managed to land 1 of them in Robinho.

There's no reason we won't do exactly the same again in January, though this time we'll have more time to do it. I don't think we should be too pessimistic about our chances of pulling another superstar signing out of the bag.

I hope ADUG goes over Hughes' head in pursuit of these because I don't think Hughes would be interested.

I can't see us signing a superstar in January either. Maybe in the summer (if we don't get relegated) once we have already created a base squad that performs consistently well enough to be above mid-table and far far away from a relegation spot.

shaundickov said:
We have 2 things that give us an advantage over the likes of Newcastle, Everton, West Ham etc. when it comes to trying to sign superstars:

1) Money
2) Robinho

Remember what happened on the last day of the transfer window?

We made outrageous bids for Berbatov, Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Villa, Gerrard, Robinho and a whole host of other world superstars. We managed to land 1 of them in Robinho.

There's no reason we won't do exactly the same again in January, though this time we'll have more time to do it. I don't think we should be too pessimistic about our chances of pulling another superstar signing out of the bag.

I hope ADUG goes over Hughes' head in pursuit of these because I don't think Hughes would be interested.

Once again, Robinho is different. It was no secret that he was DESPERATE to get out of Madrid and like it or not, even he has stated that he was hoping and waiting for Chelsea to tie up the deal. I genuinely believe he chose us as a "last resort" and that he'd of signed for the likes of Rotherham if they'd of laid the money out.

Like it or not, this is the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.