Supporters Clubs

Our branch has over 200 members.
Averagely 2 members apply for tickets per away fixture.
Some away games don't even get applications.

A large proportion of members are lifelong season ticket holders, have acquired large amounts of points so many don't even need to apply for tickets through the branch.
They do so they can sit amongst fellow members, and general convenience.

Complete myth that you are guaranteed tickets through OSC's

I fucking ran a branch for 5yrs and still missed out on many high profile games.

Did anything actually get sorted this time or was it more indifference and division? There were a couple of decent people but cliques ruled throughout. Someone mutual sat near me last season and said nobody would speak to him on the train trips.

Not sure what you mean about the indifference or things getting sort as I wasn't at last years AGM, that person should have spoken to me on any trips I was on I would have spoken to them, never been on a trip in my 12 years in club where no one spoke to me

Not sure what you mean about the indifference or things getting sort as I wasn't at last years AGM, that person should have spoken to me on any trips I was on I would have spoken to them, never been on a trip in my 12 years in club where no one spoke to me

Stop kidding yourself. It was cliquey from day one. Most didn't like Kevin Cummins (branch president) and one of my old social circle in London told me that you'd said something different at my birthday do.

God knows which puppet got supporter of the year this time. Howard Jones?

Stop kidding yourself. It was cliquey from day one. Most didn't like Kevin Cummins (branch president) and one of my old social circle in London told me that you'd said something different at my birthday do.

God knows which puppet got supporter of the year this time. Howard Jones?

Pardon I never said wasn't cliquey, I said people talk to me and as I said if person who said no one ever spoke to them had spoken to me I would have chatted to them, or if I had known who they were I would have made sure they were made welcome and spoken to them, like every club there will be cliques and people like that not just London SC, Northern Ireland one the same, unfortunately it's a way of life and yes at your birthday do I did say some don't speak to others but I don't have a problem with that, someone wants to speak fine, if not then I'm ok with that as well

Let's get one thing straight. Supporters clubs are exactly that. City suppoerters. We all know what goes on tickets wise but it doesn't change the fact that are blues,blues wanting to see the games.they are no different to the likes of me who live 2 miles from the ground. We are all blues.

I must say though that if I was a member the last thing I would do is take a ticket from a fellow member. You are mearly adding points to his total. Ok you see the game but you'll never ever catch him up.
Think outside the box.

They get to many.
Do you get your tickets nowadays thru a supporters club or thru your own points ?

Completely agree. I'm sick of people getting tickets with less points than me for games. They even manage to get tickets for united etc..

Our Supporters Club has a great social atmosphere. For instance we had a Bowling day a couple of Saturday's ago with people from the ages of 12 to 70 bowling and enjoying a BBQ and a raffle and an auction for a signed Zaba shirt. We raised money for the I Love Manchester charity and it was a great day.

We run a bus to home and away matches and have a good laugh and a sing song. (You have to hear the Eccles sing song to believe it!!!) The youngsters (& some of the oldies) sang one song for approaching 3 hours on the bus home from Wembley!! It sounds mad, it is mad but a good laugh and they are a brilliant crew. So it's not all ticket madness it is social madness as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.