Suspended sentence for mocking Munich

This is a fucking joke right?

What next? re running footage of Colin Hendry's goal celebration following his goal in the Maine Road Derby (1990) and arresting him for doing 'the aeroplane'

Or Andy Hinchliffe for doing the 'Five' in the one nine five eight following his goal in the massacre of 1989

Fucking joke.

Throw someone down a flight of stairs breaking both his legs = Fuck All
Throwing missiles at Bellamy = Fuck All
Running on the pitch accosting players = Fuck All
Dancing like a twat = 8 weeks in prison, suspended.

Jackson-ctid said:
Freedom of speech anyone? It's wrong to mock the deaths of anyone, especially in a tragedy but freedom of speech is also a human right, if this guy can be charged for this, why aren't the BNP considered a criminal organisation? why aren't the EDL stopped from marching? :\

Lol, we don't have freedom of speech in this country.

The munich chants etc are poor,23 people died but to put some perspective in here...

It was sad as it is when people prematurely lose their life but in the great scheme of things it was an accident no where near as tragic in terms of loss of life as many many others.For example,55 people died in the MANCHESTER air crash in 1985 and you hardly hear it mentioned.

Through the 70's and 80's there wasn't much from United in terms of Munich remembrance etc.

Now it has joined the list of official nationally 'not PC'to do that things,you know it has entered a whole new category.

The Munich thing has become 'big' in the last two decades,all part of their shameless milking publicity machine culminating in that over the top display at the Feb 08 derby and more so all the nauseating hype that went with it beofre an after.

If you think that was OTT,wait until Charlton (lets milk the chilean miners disaster) departs this life.A great player in his day a long time ago who will like others before him warrant a minutes silence.He is still (imo) a miserable bitter obnoxious twat off the field.

You will see an out pouring of grief and shedding of crocodile tears so over the top and misplaced it will resemble the Lady Di aftermath.Mostly from plastics who cannot really relate to him in any tangible way at all.

MUFC will milk it,and SKY and the rest of the media will gush like nothing before.

The fact that he has been very lucky to have such a long,fortunate and privileged life will be overlooked amidst a sea of sham,as will the fact that his club after Munich did I believe turf deceased players families out of the club houses pretty sharpish.Didn't read about that in the museum.

Regrettably what SKY and the media say though is to most people reality.

When you look at SKY/media and MUFC together,it is very difficult to determine which is the parasite and which is the host.

Summerbee had the guts to call them on it and what did they do... effectively ban him from future shows.

Rant over!

blue order said:
Through the 70's and 80's there wasn't much from United in terms of Munich remembrance etc.

Now it has joined the list of official nationally 'not PC'to do that things,you know it has entered a whole new category.

The Munich thing has become 'big' in the last two decades,all part of their shameless milking publicity machine culminating in that over the top display at the Feb 08 derby and more so all the nauseating hype that went with it beofre an after.

Could not agree more. This is their golden egg. It's a sad day for our freedom of speech that this guy has a suspended sentence for this sort of thing - fucking piss poor. I can't wait to see the first Rag up in court for Facebook comments about Hillsborough (it does go on)....

I grew up in Crawley and I know James Butler and played football with him. Like the article states he has had a string of offences. If this had been his first time being called up on something he probably would have got away with it.

Legally speaking,if this case can succeed on the rounds of 'likely to cause offence/upset'or,inciting trouble etc then why should not a case on similar grounds succeed in the following examples of similar activity by United fans.Equally stupid but in a world gone mad whats sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

1. Build a bonfire and use it to burn city and scousers ...

This one is worse ... rather than mocking the dead and causing indirect offence to parties other than those directly referred to,it actually promotes racist/minority
physical violence /inciting activity likely to result in death against a group of people/section of society.

I,m sure it would be easy enough for GMP to identify offenders in the crowd.

2. T--t from Argentina/money grabbing whore.

Mild racism/slanderous/false accusation of carrying out illicit/iilegal occupation.

It would be interesting to see what response GMP would give if asked to bring charges on the same grounds as they were brought in the 'munich' case.

I for one have never agreed with refering to the rags by that title for the simple reason it gives them the ammo to "care" about what happened. If we didn't use it against them they would be hard pressed to make such a big deal out of it espcially with the fact the very same club kicked injured survivors and widows out of club owned houses or their big star at the time they did a benefit match claimed a match fee of £90,000 with the families getting less than that.

This muppet got what he deserved and was made to look the brain dead neanderthal he is. I wish some of our fans would look realise and stop using it.

without a dream said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Freedom of speech anyone? It's wrong to mock the deaths of anyone, especially in a tragedy but freedom of speech is also a human right, if this guy can be charged for this, why aren't the BNP considered a criminal organisation? why aren't the EDL stopped from marching? :\

Lol, we don't have freedom of speech in this country.

Oh yes you do,until that is people listen.

"I disapprove with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

If any copper tried to take my liberty because I offended somebody, I'd go on a rampage and nail every one of the bastards with my trusty, if not occasionally misused, 9-iron.

For you Moaty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.