Sven Goran Eriksson

Dobsy87 said:
DannyBoy2890 said:
id have him back anyday, seems unlikely though.
in my opinion the slump in the second half of the season was down to the the fact, are squad had no depth in it.

What, you mean like now?

well also taking into account the profiles of each manager, i know who id rather have

"svennnnn goran eriksssssonnnnn"

I loved Erikkson, but anyone who thinks or indeed wants him back is an idiot. Move on.

Ric said:
I loved Erikkson, but anyone who thinks or indeed wants him back is an idiot. Move on.

Sven would be ideal for our club right now, especially with the new found status. Though I do agree that bringing him back wouldn't be the right move... I just wish he never left.

Corky said:
He threw in the towel, I did not.

The derby matches were not enjoyable at the time for any City fan, only when they had finished.

Well he had been sacked :) As a rule you tend not to get the best out of your employees when you sack them.

To be honest I am getting bored with this harking back and comparing. Sven was and is a better manager than Hughes but then so are a lot of other managers. Can't we just draw a line under Sven's season and appoint a top class manager in the summer. Its pretty simple really.

SGE gave up on City? The amount of bullshit you lot speak is unreal. He even stayed on to go on a pathetic tour at the end of the season to try to keep a bit of dignity whilst he was being treated so apalling by our then chairman.

jay_mcfc said:
SGE gave up on City? The amount of bullshit you lot speak is unreal. He even stayed on to go on a pathetic tour at the end of the season to try to keep a bit of dignity whilst he was being treated so apalling by our then chairman.

I agree that the amount of bullshit spouted on here is unreal, SGE never gave up on City. But it's equally bollocks to suggest he stayed on to retain dignity; I suspect it was more to do with his multi-million pound pay off. C'mon Jay, even you're not that naive.

No one in the game these days doesn't play or manage for the money.
thats what its all about I'm sorry to say.
Sven does and did what anyone else has done or does.

fact is he gave us a good season with some real highlights (and yes, lows).

but by far the better manager - proven accross Europe.

BobKowalski said:
Corky said:
He threw in the towel, I did not.

The derby matches were not enjoyable at the time for any City fan, only when they had finished.

Well he had been sacked :) As a rule you tend not to get the best out of your employees when you sack them.

To be honest I am getting bored with this harking back and comparing. Sven was and is a better manager than Hughes but then so are a lot of other managers. Can't we just draw a line under Sven's season and appoint a top class manager in the summer. Its pretty simple really.

Why was he still here then?

Ric said:
I agree that the amount of bullshit spouted on here is unreal, SGE never gave up on City. But it's equally bollocks to suggest he stayed on to retain dignity; I suspect it was more to do with his multi-million pound pay off. C'mon Jay, even you're not that naive.

Maybe he did but can you blame him? After the shit he put up with off Toxic then he was bang on to get as much out of the c*** as possible. The way people go on about his pay-offs are equally fucking stupid...it's his employers fault for paying him so much and for then sacking him with no good reason.

IMO Sven has left his last 3 jobs with lots of dignity...only left Lazio after being headhunted by Engurland and even then he tried staying on until the end of the season. Again for England he was sacked after having our best record as manager since 66.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.