Sven Goran Eriksson

Corky said:
BobKowalski said:
Well he had been sacked :) As a rule you tend not to get the best out of your employees when you sack them.

To be honest I am getting bored with this harking back and comparing. Sven was and is a better manager than Hughes but then so are a lot of other managers. Can't we just draw a line under Sven's season and appoint a top class manager in the summer. Its pretty simple really.

Why was he still here then?

Because the agreement was he saw the season out and do the tour which he did to protect his pay off. Sacking Sven was not Frank's brightest move. Letting Sven and pretty much everyone else in the entire world (save those on here who were in denial) know that he was to be sacked was even dumber.

But as I said Sven is the past. Lets move on.

jay_mcfc said:
SGE gave up on City? The amount of bullshit you lot speak is unreal. He even stayed on to go on a pathetic tour at the end of the season to try to keep a bit of dignity whilst he was being treated so apalling by our then chairman.

Exactly.

I'll never forget singing his name at the Riverside, and watching him wave back in appreciation. :'(

I miss the feeling of having an ambassador of the club. Someone who made you proud, someone who you were genuinely proud to have as the manager of your football club. Someone who was unanimously respected and admired, a noble man, a man that you couldn't help but love. This is a man who in the summer of 2006 provoked feelings of hatred from myself and many other City fans, yet little more than a year later I -along with thousands of other blues- couldn't help but love him!

Now we have a manager who is managing (I use this word loosely) to make the same squad Sven got so much out of look like a Sunday league pub team, while adding Kompany, SWP, and Robinho - all players that would have walked into Sven's squad, and made it a significantly more successful team. We've also got a manager who makes me cringe with embarrassment with his Fergiscum like interviews, with his giant chin, with his greying rag top head, with his entire holier than thou demeanor. And last but certainly not least his dire and pathetically abysmal management of a quality football team.

never rated sven, makes the same baffling decisions hughes does, would be a step back. move on from sven

*singingtheblues* said:
Exactly.

I'll never forget singing his name at the Riverside, and watching him wave back in appreciation. :'(

I miss the feeling of having an ambassador of the club. Someone who made you proud, someone who you were genuinely proud to have as the manager of your football club. Someone who was unanimously respected and admired, a noble man, a man that you couldn't help but love. This is a man who in the summer of 2006 provoked feelings of hatred from myself and many other City fans, yet little more than a year later I -along with thousands of other blues- couldn't help but love him!

Now we have a manager who is managing (I use this word loosely) to make the same squad Sven got so much out of look like a Sunday league pub team, while adding Kompany, SWP, and Robinho - all players that would have walked into Sven's squad, and made it a significantly more successful team. We've also got a manager who makes me cringe with embarrassment with his Fergiscum like interviews, with his giant chin, with his greying rag top head, with his entire holier than thou demeanor. And last but certainly not least his dire and pathetically abysmal management of a quality football team.

Couldn't really say it any better myself. I wouldn't care about the managers like-ability or his interviews if he was doing a decent job but in all honesty I can't get my head around how badly he is actually doing. I actually said at the time he became manager that although I thought it was a disgusting appointment I still thought he'd do a decent job...I mean how could you not do a decent job with that squad of players?

If Cook is the only supporter of Hughes then Sparky is making his job very difficult!

vbr said:
never rated sven, makes the same baffling decisions hughes does, would be a step back. move on from sven

Even I don't want Sven back now but to say he'd take us backwards from where we are now is just plain ridiculous!

One more thing...

May I ask; what has Mark Hughes done to prove he deserves what is the currently the best managers job in Europe if not the entire world?

A managers position with a quality football team, a football team which happens to house one of the most talented players in the world, a club with unlimited transfer funds, a club with the full backing of an incredibly rich (and Patient) owner, a club with a large and incredibly loyal fan base, a club in the strongest league in the entire world, a club which you can build in your very own mould and how so you wish, a club which (with the right manager) is going to the very top of the world game, a club which you can build your very own dynasty at.

The managers postion at our club is one every manager dreams of, question is;

Does Mark Hughes deserve it?

Ok, let's hypotheise for a minute here. Put another manager in charge of the current squad and who would they pick?! Our squad is woefully imbalanced. Perhaps Hughes is to blame for that, but no one can legislate for the loss of integral first team players. Losing Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov has hit us hard. We don't have the depth of other teams.

Let's hypothetically put you in charge jay, what starting XI would you pick out of the current available players?

jay_mcfc said:
Excellent post and the very simple answer is does he fuck. That is exactly what I've been saying all along.

Of course he doesn't, no one (young or old) could come up with a more perfectly appropriate answer!

Ahhhh, I feel better now, I love internet forums!

I challenge anyone to answer my previous post with anything other than "does he fuck".

Ric said:
Ok, let's hypotheise for a minute here. Put another manager in charge of the current squad and who would they pick?! Our squad is woefully imbalanced. Perhaps Hughes is to blame for that, but no one can legislate for the loss of integral first team players. Losing Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov has hit us hard. We don't have the depth of other teams.

Let's hypothetically put you in charge jay, what starting XI would you pick out of the current available players?
It would be better asking your son this question. Please don't encourage Jason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.