Swansea (H) - Pre Match Thread

City v Swansea prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we go all out in these last 5 games. This may well be a high water mark for the club, no-one knows.

We don’t know how long Pep will stay, or who will take over at arsenal, or how much the other teams will strengthen. There’s so many variables that if we win the next 5 and score another 15 goals we could set records that stand for decades.

No no no, I mean that will be the genuine, achievable target.

If you look at what Pep did in Spain - the 10 seasons before he arrives, the average points needed to win is 79.

Then Pep arrives and the next 5 years it goes 87, 99, 96, 100, 100. The average jumps to 96 points! It's insane.

He completely changed the standard in La Liga, and this season is the beginning of that here.

It isn't a one off, unrepeatable feat, its the beginning of a raising of the standards in English football.

I really dont think hes going to allow the team to let their performancee slip to a 'normal' level where title contenders aim for 90 odd points and expect to win if they get it.

100 points this season and theyll be telling the players to match it.

Reason to be excited indeed.
Ok armed with those stats I'm converted mate, let's do it again and again!

What? Why in the world do you think as a club we have reached our high water mark? Look at who we have, how young they are, and who is possibly coming. We are only going to get better. This is just the start IMO.
I don't necessarily think we have reached our high watermark. I'm a dreamer and can wish for success beyond reasonable logic like we all can. I'm not ruling out 100 points being repeated, but history tells you it's an abnormal ammont of points. Never in the history of football in this country has it been done. So I'm a realist too and this season such a monster target is vety achievable. I just think it's going to be tough to repeat it. The higher watermark you speak of could be in terms of the champions league, the treble, back to back league wins or other feats not necesarily a 100 point total. 100 league points is freakishly high, maybe it's doable again, maybe not I just think as were in touching distance of it we should grab it with both hands and make it ours.

Is there any point risking Mendy?

I mean....you have to play him at some point. It's been like 5 weeks since Pep said he was fit to play 20 minutes, and nearly 2 months since he rejoined first team training so it's not like they're rushing him back.

He wants to be fit for the world cup and get his 5 appearances in the league to earn a medal, we want to see him back on the pitch.

I mean....you have to play him at some point. It's been like 5 weeks since Pep said he was fit to play 20 minutes, and nearly 2 months since he rejoined first team training so it's not like they're rushing him back.

He wants to be fit for the world cup and get his 5 appearances in the league to earn a medal, we want to see him back on the pitch.
How many games has Mendy played? I can't remember off the top of my head but someone was suggesting you need to have took part in over 5 games to receive a winners medal. As long as he meets that requirement and gets to play when he's fully fit I suppose he'll be happy.

We're fortunate enough to field a strong team as well as playing playing some kids. I'd at least like to see Fodan and Diaz get some minutes, if not starts.

Goals and points records are just a little bonus. The future is more important. Play the youngsters. Give the CHAMPIONS the welcome they deserve. 3-0 City.

I really hope we go all out in these last 5 games. This may well be a high water mark for the club, no-one knows.

We don’t know how long Pep will stay, or who will take over at arsenal, or how much the other teams will strengthen. There’s so many variables that if we win the next 5 and score another 15 goals we could set records that stand for decades.
Well 12 months at least.

I don't necessarily think we have reached our high watermark. I'm a dreamer and can wish for success beyond reasonable logic like we all can. I'm not ruling out 100 points being repeated, but history tells you it's an abnormal ammont of points. Never in the history of football in this country has it been done. So I'm a realist too and this season such a monster target is vety achievable. I just think it's going to be tough to repeat it. The higher watermark you speak of could be in terms of the champions league, the treble, back to back league wins or other feats not necesarily a 100 point total. 100 league points is freakishly high, maybe it's doable again, maybe not I just think as were in touching distance of it we should grab it with both hands and make it ours.

Yes, with any human endeavour, the closer you get to perfection the more difficult it becomes to improve or sustain that level of excellence. And small changes in fortune tend to work against you. So the scruffy late goals we scored at Bournemouth and Huddersfield dont go in or we score them in games when we're already 3 up.

I think we might be vulnerable at the start of the season, when players return late from the World Cup and we haven't got back into our rythmn. Teams are more likely to have a go at us then, when they're still fired up with optimism, before they start to worry about their GD. Some will think they can emulate Liverpool's success against us, others will just know that their fans will not tolerate them playing like Newcastle when its still August or September. The consequence of that is that we'll win most games by bigger scorelines (so no more points than this season) but for one or two of them it might pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.