Swansea's Monk sacked (merged)

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
Maybe we should go after him to replace Manuel (I've seen it suggested), as he's one of the bright young english managers ?

Obviously I'm not serious, I was surprised when he got the Swansea job, and thought it wasn't a great decision, but since then I've actually been quietly impressed. He was obviously going to have a setback at some stage, and I'd be disappointed to see him lose his job.

He's even had a better start than the worlds greatest ever manager !

Daft really, a bit like when they sacked Steve Clarke when they were doing ok. Swansea are above Chelsea and they aren't really playing that awful. Strange if they sack him

Strange if they sack him
I'd say stupid if they sack him, but it sums up modern football if they do.

I wasn't sure if giving him the job initially was the right move, but he's proved himself as a good, honest young manager. He was always likely to have a blip in results, every manager does, so if they do sack him then its a stupid move for me, and I doubt they'll find a better manager.

I'd say stupid if they sack him, but it sums up modern football if they do.

I wasn't sure if giving him the job initially was the right move, but he's proved himself as a good, honest young manager. He was always likely to have a blip in results, every manager does, so if they do sack him then its a stupid move for me, and I doubt they'll find a better manager.

I like a lot of things about Swansea as a club - it's great that the fans own part of the club and their gesture in making sure none of their fans pay more than £22 for an away league ticket this season is fantastic. However, they're not perfect and they seem to possess the same kind of impatience regarding managers that most other clubs have. If Monk gets sacked I wonder if the press will slaughter them like they did us with Hughes, despite the fact that Hughes wasn't even the Sheik's appointment. I think we already know the answer to that one!

Like others have said was quite surprised when he got the job (especially after the Chico Flores incident!) and didn't think he would last long but hes done a good job and I hope it gets the time to turn it around.

Very limited manager. Much like Keane with his Sunderland side he got promoted when they was at the bottom of the Championship when he took over.. instant impact with his shouting, passion "let's fecking av'!!! it lads" technique but soon wears off the honeymoon period.

Monk is your generic British manager, given a cushy job because he use to play for said club. Spain have it completely different and we need to study what they do to develop top coaches.

Daft really, a bit like when they sacked Steve Clarke when they were doing ok. Swansea are above Chelsea and they aren't really playing that awful. Strange if they sack him
They arent playing very well and something isnt right there, he has been found out. He is also persisting with that Bafe Gomis, who Im not sure is actually a professional footballer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.