Swansea's Monk sacked (merged)

I am of the opinion - right or wrong - that all managers have a 'shelf life' in a job; some longer than others and maybe Monk has reached his.

There always seems to come a time when the manager is no longer able to get their message across to the players and it could be that that time has come for Gary Monk at Swansea.

I, like others, was surprised by the appointment and I remember Durham on talkshite questioning it. But then, that was probably WUMmery just to get Swans' supporters to ring in.

I'm sure Gary Monk, if he is sacked by Swansea, will be back in a job in a very short time, as he has proven that he is an able manager.

I am of the opinion - right or wrong - that all managers have a 'shelf life' in a job; some longer than others and maybe Monk has reached his.

There always seems to come a time when the manager is no longer able to get their message across to the players and it could be that that time has come for Gary Monk at Swansea.

I, like others, was surprised by the appointment and I remember Durham on talkshite questioning it. But then, that was probably WUMmery just to get Swans' supporters to ring in.

I'm sure Gary Monk, if he is sacked by Swansea, will be back in a job in a very short time, as he has proven that he is an able manager.
I dont think he's proven anything. He hasnt really been involved in the transfer market at all so we don't know what he's like at that. They haven't changed the way they play even though they are struggling and he hasn't made any radical changes to the personnel there.

I'd say stupid if they sack him, but it sums up modern football if they do.

I wasn't sure if giving him the job initially was the right move, but he's proved himself as a good, honest young manager. He was always likely to have a blip in results, every manager does, so if they do sack him then its a stupid move for me, and I doubt they'll find a better manager.

Yep agree, managers these days can have 5-7 game bad spell and they're axed, it's stupid really. They just do it for the new manager syndrome where they climb up the ladder a bit and secure safety.

No doubt that Spurs will go through a bad patch this or next season and our gaffer may well get the axe too. Even managers like Ancelotti and Mancini who done decent jobs get axed, as you said that's modern football for you

They arent playing very well and something isnt right there, he has been found out. He is also persisting with that Bafe Gomis, who Im not sure is actually a professional footballer

I agree he's a shite striker but not done too badly this season. The only surprise is that Siggurdson hasn't hit the form he did last season and I'm still scratching my head why they loaned out Nathan Dyer. I don't rate Monk all that highly but he done pretty well last season, and they're above Chelsea in the league, now they're in love with Jose again I expect them to twist the knife into Monk more, I've not checked the news today so I assume he's still the boss

yeah he is one of the targets for tonight in the press the poor sod - its about Swansea holding their nerve as someone said but its more likely Moyes will be parachuted in - if they do that then I for one will be happy for them to be renewing their rivalry with Cardiff in the championship next season - very short sighted

They tried to get Graeme Jones 3 times in the past so he may be a shout. I think there is more chance of Brenda going back there than Wee Davey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.