Swedish starlet signed

john@staustell

Manchester City have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus to the £400,000 signing of 15-year old Swedish striker Zacharias Faour.

The Malmo player will move to Manchester in January when he turns 16, and is earmarked for the under-19 team next season.

He will join countryman John Guidetti at the Blues

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/</a> ... sh-4187665

Matt the Giant said:
Where's that Titanic pic?

What, this one?

images

;)

Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

Graceyboy said:
Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

Becasue 80% of English youngsters if not more are to lazy to be footballers and are sat in front of fifa13 instead.

Graceyboy said:

Most young British talent think they are better than what they are and have their heads rammed firmly up their own arses..

chesterguy said:
Graceyboy said:

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

the f.a. are the ones that should have their strategies questioned. it is their responsibility to introduce coaching techniques for english youngsters, not the privately owned football club that is a going concern trying to make a profit in the entertainment industry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.