Swedish starlet signed

bluealf said:
Becasue 80% of English youngsters if not more are to lazy to be footballers and are sat in front of fifa13 instead.

based on what ???

pleny of very talented english players, that just arent being given a chance. I feel like we arnet really bringing through any players right now, just letting other clubs develop them and buying them

Based on the fact that when you drive past a flat field of green you do not see a game of football anymore, 30 years ago you would have had 20 a side games that lasted until lunch (half time) and then tea (full time), every day in the summer holidays, where are these children now ?

Sat in front of some kind of electrical equipment or hanging around the streets instead.

Also I have ran football teams in the not so distant past and I can also tell you that 80% of them couldn't give a rats arse about learning how to play football or keeping fit enough to actually run around for an hour or so, my own son included.

This is the reason I stopped doing football coaching.

If the English talent was so in abundance then we would have some coming through, or other teams.

Instead we have a slack handful of actual talent.

The British culture of drinking until you fall over also gets in the way of a lot of players when they hit 15+ and that just isn't in football.

A lad that was an apprentice to my dad was one of the top 3 middle distance runners in the country for his age group but he wouldn't stop going out on the lash with his mates, my dad could not understand why he would choose to stand over a machine and turning metal for 8 hours a day or become an athlete.

So there you go, I have given you my thoughts on the subject, now you can give me a list of top English talent just waiting in the wings to announce themselves onto the world stage.

:)

bluealf said:
Based on the fact that when you drive past a flat field of green you do not see a game of football anymore, 30 years ago you would have had 20 a side games that lasted until lunch (half time) and then tea (full time), every day in the summer holidays, where are these children now ?

Sat in front of some kind of electrical equipment or hanging around the streets instead.

Also I have ran football teams in the not so distant past and I can also tell you that 80% of them couldn't give a rats arse about learning how to play football or keeping fit enough to actually run around for an hour or so, my own son included.

This is the reason I stopped doing football coaching.

If the English talent was so in abundance then we would have some coming through, or other teams.

The British culture of drinking until you fall over also gets in the way of a lot of players when they hit 15+ and that just isn't in football.

A lad that was an apprentice to my dad was one of the top 3 middle distance runners in the country for his age group but he wouldn't stop going out on the lash with his mates, my dad could not understand why he would choose to stand over a machine and turning metal for 8 hours a day or become an athlete.

So there you go, I have given you my thoughts on the subject, now you can give me a list of top English talent just waiting in the wings to announce themselves onto the world stage.

:)

lots of good points and i do agree, but there are lots of young lads playing football all the time and fields full of games. Im 19 and where I live and the surrounding areas loads of lads play footy all day every day, maybe thats just where I live though ;)

players like rodwell and hart are proving the talent is there we just have to find it.

chesterguy said:
Graceyboy said:
Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

also the English ones would be 1000% more expensive.

Great signing, sick of all this bollocks about needing to buy English youngsters. Sounds as if you have been reading the media bull-crap that it is City and Chelsea's fault we never win anything. Pffft.

bluealf said:

All the best kids will be at the academies, the rest will be sat inside because 1) it's raining, 2) there are no goalposts to play because for some strange reason, council's in this country take down the goalposts down at the sign of good weather.

bluealf said:

I hated Junior Football to the point where i quit in my last year of school and just played 5 a-side with my mates every week. I was not prepared to play on shite unkept pitches that were either a mudbath or the grass was so long you had to lump it to make a pass. As a technical player who likes to pass, the though of getting up on a Sunday morning to go on and play on these surfaces in the freezing cold against lads who just wanted to lump it was not my idea of football or fun, it's no wonder other lads feel the same. There is a big drop off at this age that the FA are trying to think why, it's not rocket science.

bluealf said:

This is down to the coaching in this country and nothing else, the talent is there Wilshere, Rodwell, Sturridge, Zaha, Sterling, Chamberlain all good young players and there is many more out but they are let down by the coaching, the development system in England and not being given a chance.

bluealf said:

Again i refer back to my previous point, a 15 year old will see new experiences as getting pissed and girls as a better way of living that getting up and playing on a mudbath in freezing cold weather with no referee.

bluealf said:

If England put out this side in an hour against Norway and got someone else to manage them like a Paul Scholes or a Gary Neville, you would see play like the Germans or the Dutch.

Butland

Clyne
Caulker
Dawson
Rose

Shelvey
Chalobah
McEacheran

Zaha
Whickham
Ince

But that is too technical for someone like Stuart Pearce.

Typical we sign a magnificent young player who some of the top clubs are after and it descents into an argument over English football.. I want us to see us produce English talent as well, but not at the risk at missing out on quality players like Faour or others.

If they came out of the academy that makes them City players to me and I would rather have an international City player than an unloyal English player like Rooney any day of the week.

Bluesince93 said:
Typical we sign a magnificent young player who some of the top clubs are after and it descents into an argument over English football.. I want us to see us produce English talent as well, but not at the risk at missing out on quality players like Faour or others.

If they came out of the academy that makes them City players to me and I would rather have an international City player than an unloyal English player like Rooney any day of the week.

How do you know he is quality?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.