Swedish starlet signed

chesterguy said:
Graceyboy said:
Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

OK, so how many England players do you know that doesn't have a club team to play for?

It's the English league clubs national obligation to develop English players for the need of the nation. There is no structure in place for young kids to be scouted for England that don't already play for a club academy. These club academies put forward their best to go to national level.

So, if clubs continue to over populate their academies with young players from abroad, it stifles two streams, one stream of young English kids breaking into club football, and secondly reducing good English players being forwarded up to England youth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big England follower, but I am an advocation of grass routes football. There needs to be a hope for these English kids that they can make it in football, but if all they see is these young lads from abroad coming taking places they could aim for, they are going to think what is the point in trying. And I'm not going to swallow the argument about English kids don't try hard enough yadda yadda yadda, there are thousands of really fantastic talented dedicated kids all busting a gut to be the next James Milner, but their light at the end of a very long vicious tunnel is getting smaller and smaller because of this obsession of bringing in young lads from other shores

My cousin is a goalie for one of the City youth teams, I won't say which because it would be awkward, but he's been treated poorly by the club and will probably be leaving when the time comes as he's already had offers from other Prem/Championship clubs.

The main problem from what I've heard off my Aunt and Uncle is the cliques and favoritism between Coaches and parents that are former players, if you're not on the in, you're not getting the information you need. My cousin is young, very young, and he's already 5"7, but the other goalie, who is 5"9 get's all the plaudits for doing the exact same things, leaving my Cousin on the peripheral through no fault of his own, add in the way that the kids schooling is being messed around by the club it's pretty fucked up.

Graceyboy said:
And I'm not going to swallow the argument about English kids don't try hard enough yadda yadda yadda, there are thousands of really fantastic talented dedicated kids all busting a gut to be the next James Milner, but their light at the end of a very long vicious tunnel is getting smaller and smaller because of this obsession of bringing in young lads from other shores
One of the interesting facts from the article I posted is that England had over 4 times as many registered players as Spain in a country with just 5 million more people. But Spain had 1 UEFA-qualified coach for every 17 players. England had 1 for every 812 players. It's not exactly difficult to see where the problem is. And it's not kids not being enthusiastic about football.

MCFC-alan88 said:
My cousin is a goalie for one of the City youth teams, I won't say which because it would be awkward, but he's been treated poorly by the club and will probably be leaving when the time comes as he's already had offers from other Prem/Championship clubs.

The main problem from what I've heard off my Aunt and Uncle is the cliques and favoritism between Coaches and parents that are former players, if you're not on the in, you're not getting the information you need. My cousin is young, very young, and he's already 5"7, but the other goalie, who is 5"9 get's all the plaudits for doing the exact same things, leaving my Cousin on the peripheral through no fault of his own, add in the way that the kids schooling is being messed around by the club it's pretty fucked up.

If that is the case then I am sure that your cousin will learn from it and be stronger at the other prem/champ clubs that are interested and I wish him all the best in his career.

Playing devils advocate, could it be that as your cousin is number 2 and the bigger lad number 1 that family opinion decides that he should be getting the better treatment whereas the paid professionals see your cousins development and potential differently?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

If that is the case then I am sure that your cousin will learn from it and be stronger at the other prem/champ clubs that are interested and I wish him all the best in his career.

Playing devils advocate, could it be that as your cousin is number 2 and the bigger lad number 1 that family opinion decides that he should be getting the better treatment whereas the paid professionals see your cousins development and potential differently?

I'd agree, except for the fact that they are both the same age, and my cousin has been in net primarily, it's just in training the other lad gets the plaudits and the assistance. It's a bit backwards.

I'm With Stupid said:
Graceyboy said:
And I'm not going to swallow the argument about English kids don't try hard enough yadda yadda yadda, there are thousands of really fantastic talented dedicated kids all busting a gut to be the next James Milner, but their light at the end of a very long vicious tunnel is getting smaller and smaller because of this obsession of bringing in young lads from other shores
One of the interesting facts from the article I posted is that England had over 4 times as many registered players as Spain in a country with just 5 million more people. But Spain had 1 UEFA-qualified coach for every 17 players. England had 1 for every 812 players. It's not exactly difficult to see where the problem is. And it's not kids not being enthusiastic about football.

The dilemma. Does the government spend millions of millions of millions (of money we do not have already) to make sure that the English football team has a chance of competing against other governments who are either spending more or less than England. So that when we play in the World cup or the Euro's we have a "decent" chance of winning. Or let Premier league clubs buy who they want spend their money and still have a team that on paper should do so much better than it does.

Tough choice that. Until we are rolling in it again we are never going to have a coaching ratio like Spain.

-- Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:35 pm --

MCFC-alan88 said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

I'd agree, except for the fact that they are both the same age, and my cousin has been in net primarily, it's just in training the other lad gets the plaudits and the assistance. It's a bit backwards.

Sounds like your cousin is the better player and the other lad is needing the extra boost in training to keep him at a learning level. If in games the roles are reversed then that and that alone should be all the information your cousin needs to know what the real situation is. If that is the case then I would tell him to keep doing what he is doing because ultimately if he is better they will choose him and not the other lad. They are not daft.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Graceyboy said:

The dilemma. Does the government spend millions of millions of millions (of money we do not have already) to make sure that the English football team has a chance of competing against other governments who are either spending more or less than England. So that when we play in the World cup or the Euro's we have a "decent" chance of winning. Or let Premier league clubs buy who they want spend their money and still have a team that on paper should do so much better than it does.

Tough choice that. Until we are rolling in it again we are never going to have a coaching ratio like Spain.

MCFC-alan88 said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

Sounds like your cousin is the better player and the other lad is needing the extra boost in training to keep him at a learning level. If in games the roles are reversed then that and that alone should be all the information your cousin needs to know what the real situation is. If that is the case then I would tell him to keep doing what he is doing because ultimately if he is better they will choose him and not the other lad. They are not daft.

Well its already stated that the kid want to change team because of the treatment. If this kid got the feedback he wanted there would be no issue. I´m sure he dont change want to change club because they say nice things to teh other player...

So its clear that the coaches dont know what they are doing. I´d say that coaches overall SUCK at motivating and give feedback to players. I know internal motivation is the key factor for success, but you also need external and positive (and negative) feedback from your coach.

And thats my conclusion (edit: coaches suck at motivate or give feedback) from reading studies about coaches motivation players here in Sweden, elite junior team in hockey.

How many english youths are playing abroad? That answer would I find very interesting. How often do Real Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona try to buy a english youth player?

kass_best said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I'm With Stupid said:

MCFC-alan88 said:

Well its already stated that the kid want to change team because of the treatment. If this kid got the feedback he wanted there would be no issue. I´m sure he dont change want to change club because they say nice things to teh other player...

So its clear that the coaches dont know what they are doing. I´d say that coaches overall SUCK at motivating and give feedback to players. I know internal motivation is the key factor for success, but you also need external and positive (and negative) feedback from your coach.

And thats my conclusion from reading studies about coaches motivation players here in Sweden, elite junior team in hockey.

How many english youths are playing abroad? That answer would I find very interesting. How often do Real Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona try to buy a english youth player?

I was a pro golfer and I knew that I was not good enough, no amount of coaching would have changed that. Before I got to that stage I had a very fast rise. I went from 36 to 8 in a year and 18 months later was playing off 1. If this lad is good enough then he will use the motivation of not being the favourite to good use.

How many foreign clubs can afford to buy the best of our youth? That is more the reason why we buy their best but they never get near ours.

bluealf said:
Becasue 80% of English youngsters if not more are to lazy to be footballers and are sat in front of fifa13 instead.

Clueless bollox, extremely shallow minded comment.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
kass_best said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

And thats my conclusion from reading studies about coaches motivation players here in Sweden, elite junior team in hockey.

I was a pro golfer and I knew that I was not good enough, no amount of coaching would have changed that. Before I got to that stage I had a very fast rise. I went from 36 to 8 in a year and 18 months later was playing off 1. If this lad is good enough then he will use the motivation of not being the favourite to good use.

How many foreign clubs can afford to buy the best of our youth? That is more the reason why we buy their best but they never get near ours.

You was a pro or not a pro? Im confused.

So to solve the problem of not having enough english youths coming through and play in the PL, is doing nothing. Hence players with the right amount of internal motivation will make it anyway. I dont get people who use themselves as proof of anything. You know, not everyone is like you.

And you I think i lost you when I wrote about internal and external motivation.

So Barcelona, Real and Bayern cant afford a 15 year old english kid?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.