SWP frustrating

Colins Bellend

Salford, where Nobheads think the rags are from
I love shauny to bits but is it only me that finds him totally frustrating
His work rate is second to none and skill level amazing but how many times
does he get in great positions and either play a bad ball or run into the defender
I'm not slagging him just curious to see if my judgement is piss poor

Colins Bellend said:
does he get in great positions and either play a bad ball or run into the defender

SWP is the least of our worries while the likes of Vassell, Benjani, Dunne and Ball are still getting games for the club. If SWP is now being targetted for his performances we are in deeper shit than I originally thought!

Colins Bellend said:

Colins Bellend said:
shauny's turn.

He's come back from Chelsea a better player but he still has technical deficiencies. But then he cracks in an effort like the one that hit the bar on Saturday and you forget all about them. The bit of magic he can conjure up will always outweigh the bad bits.

Colins Bellend said:

His end-product has never been the best, which is probably why he never really made it at Chelsea. They play against packed defenses and teams sitting back, so the final ball has to be inch perfect.

For us, he seems to be one of the few players that genuinely takes the game to the opposition, when we're playing badly, he can take the ball, beat a couple of players and raise the whole tempo of the game, get the supporters involved etc But his final ball is still a bit dodgy, got a cracking shot on him though.

So i kind of agree with you.

Prestwich_Blue said:
He's come back from Chelsea a better player but he still has technical deficiencies. But then he cracks in an effort like the one that hit the bar on Saturday and you forget all about them. The bit of magic he can conjure up will always outweigh the bad bits.
Not disputing that and not having a go at him .I wish all our players put in as much as he does
it was just an opinion and i was curious to see what people thought

Colins Bellend said:
His end-product has never been the best, which is probably why he never really made it at Chelsea. They play against packed defenses and teams sitting back, so the final ball has to be inch perfect.

For us, he seems to be one of the few players that genuinely takes the game to the opposition, when we're playing badly, he can take the ball, beat a couple of players and raise the whole tempo of the game, get the supporters involved etc But his final ball is still a bit dodgy, got a cracking shot on him though.

So i kind of agree with you.

Correct - he's always been like this and therefore prob not top 4 or international quality.
But he does plenty enough to make up for it and has easily been one of our top few performers this season.
Have to move him back into the middle on Sunday I think. Not his preferred position but we need his dynamism there, missed it V Everton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.