Tactics

bondsman

I know we have just secured a massive 4 points that we desperately needed but I love City am a season ticket holder and I know fundamentally we are still deep in the shit because we dont seem to have a fucking clue and that is MH's fault. I do not see this man taking us anywhere. What was our game plan today? He took Elano off and we scored so I suppose ill get shouted down on this but SWP had a mare today so did Robinho and Superman wasn't at his usual level but to put Vassell on instead who touched it 4 times! Fuck me, then he moved Vass from CF to wide right and put Richards up top why put Vassell on at all if hes gonna do that? Elano wasn't playing that badly and no matter what anyone says he never hides he always wants the ball, always drops off to collect it from centre halves etc, felt sorry for him. Michael Ball is a disgrace he never wins a challenge cleanly what has he done to keep Garrido out of the side? What does he add to us defensively or offensively? If Micah is injured why is he on the bench? Im glad he came on because it improved us. Im so frustrated and as glad as I am that we got four points from the last 2 games was it ever an option for us not to have? Where is Hughes taking us? What has he done as a manager to improve us? Forget this is not his team bollocks, true or not what has he brought to us as a club that is inspiring? I ask that question in all seriousness not just as a I hate Hughes he used to play for united rant.

We proved last year we were atleast a top 9 team, should have improved this year and these points shouldn't have been "needed" should of just been good results in our progress. But no needed points in desperate circumstances, fuck hughes the c.unt.

poor manager, some on here are delighted that we scraped a point at BLACKBURN.

they are also loving the fact that we play LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ball football, and we can't even do that right. All these talented players being managed by a fuckwit

I thought Blackburn were the better team, they kept possesion better and passed the ball a lot better. Ireland was given no time whatsoever on the ball which cut our link out to the attacking players.
Onuhu was out bossed by Roberts threwout the match and it was too easy for them to hold the ball up with him winning that battle.
Michael Ball was terrible, he never ever gets past anyone and cannot cross or take a free kick to save his life.
One thing that baffles me about Hughes team is that we constantly kick the ball in the air from Hart but never win one header in the centre of the park. We then loose possesion and are under attack.
Sturridge must now start against Forest in the cup, as should Senna if he signs. We need a more solid midfield and a "World Class Centre half"
If we get those two positions sorted as well as a better keeper we will progress.
I watched the way Liverpool defended today, it was magnificent. As soon as newcastle had the ball two red shirts were closing the zone the ball was in straight away. We need to tighten up at the back because in my eyes the goals against ratio this season is very very very poor.
We need to defend as a team a lot better.
The jurys still out in my eyes on Mark Hughes and i will decide at the end of the season. I dont expect him to but less than 3 players in the window including a keeper.
Say what you want about Joe Hart, he is an average kerper in my eyes. He would not get in goal for any team in the top 10. I know he is still young, but we aint got time to wait ten years till he matures.
I would of took a draw before hand, and to be honest we got away with murder.
No matter what anyone says, we are in a relegation fight because to be quite frank...we cant beat anyone in the bottom 3!
CTID

forevercity said:
poor manager, some on here are delighted that we scraped a point at BLACKBURN.

they are also loving the fact that we play LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ball football, and we can't even do that right. All these talented players being managed by a fuckwit

Like your best mate who's distribution today was appalling.

bondsman said:
I know we have just secured a massive 4 points that we desperately needed but I love City am a season ticket holder and I know fundamentally we are still deep in the shit because we dont seem to have a fucking clue and that is MH's fault. I do not see this man taking us anywhere. What was our game plan today? He took Elano off and we scored so I suppose ill get shouted down on this but SWP had a mare today so did Robinho and Superman wasn't at his usual level but to put Vassell on instead who touched it 4 times! Fuck me, then he moved Vass from CF to wide right and put Richards up top why put Vassell on at all if hes gonna do that? Elano wasn't playing that badly and no matter what anyone says he never hides he always wants the ball, always drops off to collect it from centre halves etc, felt sorry for him. Michael Ball is a disgrace he never wins a challenge cleanly what has he done to keep Garrido out of the side? What does he add to us defensively or offensively? If Micah is injured why is he on the bench? Im glad he came on because it improved us. Im so frustrated and as glad as I am that we got four points from the last 2 games was it ever an option for us not to have? Where is Hughes taking us? What has he done as a manager to improve us? Forget this is not his team bollocks, true or not what has he brought to us as a club that is inspiring? I ask that question in all seriousness not just as a I hate Hughes he used to play for united rant.

Very fair post and questions to which I think a lot of people would love answers. We have scored shed loads at home and not necessarily against the crap teams so we have some pedigree in that respect. The squad is a fair squad taking all things in but I think it is right to ask the question 'Where is the improvement'? We should be pushing forward on a few fronts and the away form, concentration over the full added time (although it was nice to see the boot on the other foot today!), being harder to beat away and grinding out/boring to death the opposition for a scrappy crappy soulless 1-0. Arsenal just did it at home. The bloody pie-eaters (next home game) did it at The Trotters Arms.

Yeah, I dont want Hart to go but a bit more experience and someone who commands the area and his back four is needed, if for nothing else than for Hart to learn from. Blackburn worked harder than us today without a doubt, we did well to get a draw but it was inspite of Hughes not because of him, Sturridge must start if he is fit he has earned it, Hughes gave Evans that chance! Its not wrong to want to see better from the team, losing is one thing its the way we are playing under Hughes, and I dont even count Friday there because Hull were so appalling, if we do get some new faces which we need will that be enough? They have to play to a system and have a plan I dont think MH has one, he didnt change the shape or anything at 2-0 we got a bit of luck and it saved his arse.

I felt unlucky up until the end ... then I was well excited. Vassell I did not want to see come on at all Sturridge I had no problem with at all. I'm glad when Richards came on because our Def back was lacking and needed a boost including a slight attack boost which Richards definately adds. Ball was decent, not great. He did a few impressive passes but his defending was shakey but for the most part did his job. In particular he didn't have much help. Elano did well some good passes but was really not aggressive at all today because it seemed he was playing a tide more on the defensive. He showed a few glimpses of desire to win but mostly nothing and I think he should have been subbed ... however not for Vassell though he does have a physicality. Robinho did well, kept attacking constantly .. Ireland did ok but just didn't see much of his usual self. SWP seemed to be more of a back than winger today due to our lack of ball control but was really playing hard. Up at the end I was most impressed with Sturridge the whole game because whne he got the ball ... he worked the defenders ...kept calm .. kept the ball and did a brilliant pass. Also he did score!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.