Tactics

I was not happy with the performance today, but I am glad we appear to have a board that are willing to give the manager their full backing for a season at lease rather than some of the reactionary idiots on here. Let's see which players he buys in Jan and more importantly how they perform in a blue shirt. I am sure Hughes knows the sorts of players we need and how he wants us to play-IF we are still this inconsistent come May then serious questions can (rightly) be asked.

P.S I heard no questions of his tactics after the Hull game!

Our Next games

Forest
Portsmouth
Wigan
Newcastle
Stoke

These are going to be battles and will decide our season.
That last minute goal today could for all we know saved Hughes job and turned our season.
Then again it could be just dragging it out.

Sturridge looked sharp when he came on great goal and superb pass, I hope he starts next game I would throw him up there with Caicedo, who was poor today i know but the service to him was pretty shocking and the two of them together may complement each other.

One more thing...
coming back from 2-0...is that showing us Hughes super fitness regime is now paying dividends???lol

forevercity said:
poor manager, some on here are delighted that we scraped a point at BLACKBURN.

they are also loving the fact that we play LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ball football, and we can't even do that right. All these talented players being managed by a fuckwit

Yes mate- some of us are delighted because Blackburn is a fuck in graveyard for us, with exception of our best ever team in the late sixties winning there in the cup we have a bab record there thoughout history. We are starting to move again and I know it will be a big disapointent to a lot on here who can't see past the end of their nose- but given time Hughes will be a success at City- he is a TEAM builder and that takes at least twelve months.

I hope you are right I really do, Im willing to be wrong as I was about Ireland but im getting frustrated given that on paper we have a better squad than last year but on the pitch it hasnt really happened we havent won away since Sunderland and barring Arsenal we havent beaten anyone of note. MH is in a tough situation because he is the first City manager who has the financial potential to really take the club somewhere, it has meant that he really is being scrutinised in ways other managers never are. To be a great manager you have to handle that. I hope he can cos I care about the team and the club not individuals.

Let me tell you one thing that is as true as the day has a dawn.
No matter what level of football you manage at, your team can only play as good as the players you have at your disposal. This takes time, you only have to look at the management history of Bobby Robson, Bill Shankly, Ferguson, Wenger.
Unless you inherit a great team which Hughes did not, no one is good enough in this day and age to do it in 8 months.
Im still undecided by Hughes and to be honest i hope he makes me eat my hat, but i really do believe if he gets the players in who he knows can play in the system he plays we will do very very well.
I have gut feeling about the Uefa cup, and i think we will all be eating our hats come may.
Dont ask me why?? its just my gut feeling.
CTID

whats most annoying for me is that all teams know exactly how to defend and press us... we ALWAYS get a lot of press on our CBs because every manager know they cant handle pressure and hence we back pass to Hart that hoofs it up the pitch and the ball are lost 80% of the time and we are back under pressure... we seem to do well when one of the midfielders drop back and get the ball then start the attack... we are excellent at counter attack... but in just ordinary play we are always under pressure because we dont have the CBs that can pass the ball well enough...

assuming there was a doubt over richards (or he was just putting Ned in the shop window for bburn), did he not start with the team that did for hull and that we all would have wanted him to start?

did his substitutions not result in a draw?

no ones happy with a draw, but an away draw at bburn is by no means a terrible result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.