Taking kids to the match

BatleyBlue

Morning all,

I've been thinking of taking my daughter to the Bournemouth game on Saturday, she's 3 so I don't know how she'll take it or how long she'll last so didn't want to bother relocating or having anything set in stone.

Have any of you carried your kids through the turnstyle recently and then had them on your lap for the match? I used to see it happen quite a bit, but not so much recently and I don't want to get there to be turned away at the turnstyle.

Cheers

they will not turn you away, we took our grandson up until he was 4 i think and he sat on our knee, its a long time for a little one to be sat still and its cold remember that, my advise would be get her a ticket and own seat at the burnley game in the family stand its more child friendly, good luck its never too early to bring them.

took my 4 yr old to the Everton game and she sat on my knee, she got a bit overwhelmed and think I will wait until she is older

I Had a guy next to me with his kid. Probably 3 yo. Was not interested at all. Up and down off his knee all the first half. Disappeared after 30 minutes didn’t come back. And I never swore once.

It really depends if it’s you who wants to take her or it’s her who really wants to go. You won’t get turned away though. It’s encouraged.

3 is too early in my opinion. My lad is 8 and only just stopped being a knight mare taking him.

Took my boy on the crystal palace game last season on the family stand and he loved it and is 6. Then took him in the SS 115 for his 7th birthday and he loved standing on his seat watching the game and the singing which there wasnt in the family stand. I was a bit nervous about some of the language and songs but in general everyone was sound and he just had a gigle at the song 'you can stick your fucking bubbles up your arse'.

What i would say though is any younger he just wouldn't have had the attention span to sit through a game and he wouldn't of enjoyed it and also spoilt it for me. I was only going to take him when i was sure he would be fine for that amount of time.

Cheers for the feedback! I'd considered taking my 2 to an academy game, just hasn't worked out yet. I get that it'll be a risk to keep her entertained for the whole match, but she seems interested in going.

Thanks all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.