Taking kids to the match

Took my little girl when she was 4 or 5 and she hated the atmosphere, the noise was too much. Be prepared to leave early.

Took her to see a game at the Academy a few months later and she loved it. More of a friendly atmosphere, less screaming.

The test is, if you can get them to sit still on your knee for 90 minutes watching it on the telly. I'd imagine not.

A three year old has a max attention span of about 15 minutes, assuming they are engaged in the first place. If not, about 3 seconds. I have one that age.

I took her to a horse racing meeting recently enough, at least she could get up and have a wander about (which she did). I spent all day wandering with her. Didn't see a race. Dealt with four major tantrums and a dinner time fiasco.

I'll wait until she's older and reasonable to try a sporting event again.

I've looked up this thread as I'm taking a 3yo and 6yo this Saturday, first game as a family. Bringing lots of snacks, as bribes for getting through the halves. My wife and I used to sit in South Stand. Not sure whether to park or tram from South Mcr. We dont expect either child to be interested. Its more about getting out of the house and letting them see the stadium live, they know I watch City a lot. haha. Gone for right behind the goal. Eldest likes Edersons smiley tattoo. haha

I've looked up this thread as I'm taking a 3yo and 6yo this Saturday, first game as a family. Bringing lots of snacks, as bribes for getting through the halves. My wife and I used to sit in South Stand. Not sure whether to park or tram from South Mcr. We dont expect either child to be interested. Its more about getting out of the house and letting them see the stadium live, they know I watch City a lot. haha. Gone for right behind the goal. Eldest likes Edersons smiley tattoo. haha
took my lad at 3 and he was alright to be honest, although we stand up so i had him in my arms for most of the match. just make sure you take nibbles and a phone for them to look at incase they get a bit bored. hopefully the match will keep em entertained! my lad wasn't really interested in football at the time either but got through. he loves it now.

In my opinion they have not got the attention span for a match until they are 7 or 8. Before that they are bored and cold and will do yours and everyone else’s head in.

My son has been to games against Real, Bayern and Barca and he's still ambivalent about football , if I took him to a game against Parkthebus United, he would never go again.

The problem I find is even my eldest (10) gets bored and it then costs me more in drinks,pies,chips,hotdogs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.