Taking my daughter to her first ever game!

Ja Salford Blue

As the title say's i'm gunna take my daughter to her first ever game when we play West Brom. Shes 4 and already goes mad if anyone says united, (according to her it's a naughty swear word, as is red)! i know she will be bored by half time and i will probably have to leave, but i just want to take her!

(her mum, my mum and all the family who are blues are against it and say she will hate it) but i cant wait to take her! just glad weve got a 12.30 kick off i can take her to

I just want to take her once so she can say she was there!

As the title say's i'm gunna take my daughter to her first ever game when we play West Brom. Shes 4 and already goes mad if anyone says united, (according to her it's a naughty swear word, as is red)! i know she will be bored by half time and i will probably have to leave, but i just want to take her!

(her mum, my mum and all the family who are blues are against it and say she will hate it) but i cant wait to take her! just glad weve got a 12.30 kick off i can take her to

I just want to take her once so she can say she was there!
Hasn't it moved because of the semi final

I took my Daughter to her first game 2yrs ago when she was 4 and she really enjoyed it. Was shouting get a goal, pass the ball and asking me what the words to bluemoon was.

Now she half watches the games on when they're on TV and celebrates the goals.

Cost me a bit in food though I'd take some sandwiches those half time foods are well expensive forst time I've bought food at a game.

I took my eldest to her first game when she was about four, the Europa league match vs Lokeren

She enjoyed it, but it was a pain in the arse dragging a four year old round those Belgian bars

Take colouring books and loads of cash because she will want a hotdog, crisps, drink, chocolate and 20 bathroom breaks during the game

I'm thinking of taking my first grandchild/grandson to the hull game (5th generation blue) he will be 4 weeks old, got to start the indoctrination young

A quick piece of advice from experience ... take her to toilet just before kickoff and then again in half time if you don't want to be doing the run during the game (which as it goes would probably be when we score :)

And get a couple of games on your phone handy which will entertain her from time to time as the whole 120 mins or so (incl the time you get in and the half time) would be too much for her to focus on just the game ...

My son went with me for the first time when he was just a couple of months short of 3 (home game vs Chelsea when Nasri scored the late winner on our way to lifting the 11/12 Aguerooooooo title) ... I had gotten him his own seat instead of carrying on my lap so he was comfortable and we parents were too, he's been to about 10-12 games with me since then and it's only now that he's almost 8 that he looks forward to going and can sit through the whole 90 mins focused on the football and of course with his running commentary as he feels he needs to name each player as they touch the ball, lol. His next game with me is the Hull at home as it comes in the school break (for us it's a 4 hrs road trip one-way, 8 hrs round-trip, that's why the no. of games he's managed is rather low).

You'll have a great time, just don't worry too much and it's a start of another Blue's lifelong journey ... welcome to the club little one!

Nice one, sure she will love it but as already mentioned take some games on a phone lol. I will be at the home game v Hull on April 8th with my son (10) and my youngest son (6) which will also be his first game. Got my missus to come as well and also booked the family day tickets which are free and you get a tour o the academy with activities for the kids a few hours before kick-off

Family day tickets become available around 2 weeks before the actual game so if you want to make a day of give it a go.

When my eldest attended his first game aged 5, he ended up falling asleep : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.