Taking my Nephew to his 1st Game

He loves them to bits mate.

Will definitely make sure we take a few things with us though, as it will be his 1st time.

Can I just walk in with him, with him only being 4?

I took mine over the turnstiles until she was 7. I was Never stopped or questioned once. I think officially you are allowed to carry them through until they are 5.

Thanks mate. He doesn't have a passport and his dad is that disorganised, I doubt he could find his birth certificate.

My sister, my nephew's mum passed away 3 years ago and she was a big blue. So my nephew is following in her footsteps. We have lift access up to 316 where we have SC's.

Lift access is manned by G4S and I don't work for them so couldn't tell you what the policy is on that, hopefully they won't be arses with you. Hope he enjoys the game

You'd have to be a bit of a miserable, jobsworth sod to ID a kid to establish if he's 4 or 5! That said, it wouldn't surprise me with some of the stewards at City.

I agree mate. The issue at City these days is the number of third party security on site. On a tower you will be searched by IOS or Showsec, gates manned by Showsec, and then a City Steward on the inside. We all get told different things by our bosses and as a result it causes problems.

I find that the City Stewards (orange jackets) tend to the main culprits for being a jobsworth. The amount of times we have issues with Turnstiles not opening after a ticket has gone green and them refusing to open it from the inside is ridiculous.

From a showsec perspective, our main concerns are alcohol, cans and flares and pointy umbrellas (oh and Chinese tourists rocking up with Scum bags). We tend not to bother too much with any other stuff.

I took my nephew to his first three games when he was 4, he was really interested for the first 30 minutes but then started getting agitated, but he does love watching the football if it's on TV, think it was the surroundings. Think we left mid way through the second half on two of the games.

He's 7 now and get through a full game.

its amazing to see such young kids in any football ground.

my son is 10 and is footie mad, loves playing it everyday and loves watching city on the tv always plays as city on fifa 16, he even has a city bedroom. But i just cant get him to go and watch City live. for some reason he just doesnt want to go to a match, which i find really strange. Hes always saying that they are his heros and "id love too meet Hart one day". so i say lets go and watch them in real life then son, but nope, he wont go.

I took him to a cardiff city friendly last summer coz it was free and to see if he would like it, but he hated it. said it was too loud (there were only 500 in the ground) !!

so for kids as young as 4 going into matches is quite incredible really.

I was 3 when I first started going regularly - used to sit on my Dad's knee with a colouring book. In terms of enjoyment and actually remembering it I was 5/6.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.