"Talkers" amongs our centre halves

Didsbury Dave

Part of getting a new back four to work together is getting them talking to each other on the field and communicating, particularly the centre halves. some of the errors we've made this year have looked a bit like "communication" errors to me.

Who amongst our centre halves is loud and communicative, who organises? I genuinely don't know. I assume Toure must as he is captain but what about the other three, Lescott, Kompany and Onuaha?

Does anyone sit close enough to get a feel for this?

Kompany seems like a leader, Lescott seems to want to be led. His best partnership was with Jagielka, who is a talker. Always thought Distin was the organiser of the Dunne-Distin partnership.

I'm confident that with time Lescott-Toure will be a strong partnership.

I still think we lack a natural leader to guide us when the chips are down, not just on the field but off aswell.
You can see why Hughes was so keen to bring John Terry to the club for that very reason.

Dobsy87 said:
Kompany seems like a leader, Lescott seems to want to be led. His best partnership was with Jagielka, who is a talker. Always thought Distin was the organiser of the Dunne-Distin partnership.

I'm sure that (from what I could tell from my seat in the stands) in the Scunthorpe game it was Lescott who was organising the back line (when alongside Kompany). Too early to make any conclusions on that though...

This highlights one problem with the signing/appointment of toure as captain: I'm not sure he's enough of a talker.

Dobsy87 said:

Kompany is too quiet a personality to gain respect from the other players (in my humble opinion)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.