Talksport now (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcmanus said:
Manc in London said:
mcmanus said:
He's a top man is OUR Mike. About the only blue on telly.

Liked him since that time he couldn't stop grinning when some bad news about United was on SSN.

Clive Myrie's reaction was my favourite

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyr6WTBIn8o[/youtube]

Fucking class. Cheers.

That's brilliant. Don't suppose you can remember what it was in reference to?

Henkeman said:
mcmanus said:
Manc in London said:

Fucking class. Cheers.

That's brilliant. Don't suppose you can remember what it was in reference to?

I believe it was in reference to Real beating the rags

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Cuntstain will take any available opportunity to get a dig in, whether or not it contains an iota of truth is neither here nor there.
The Fleet Street Shit Sheets I gave up on around the time my balls dropped.
Correcting these comics is utterly futile - I remember them accusing some celebrity nonentity of rape once, only to print an apology three weeks later tucked away on page 27 in small print, underneath an item about the Torbay donkey derby.
They are wankers - if they don't have a story that's true, then they make one up.
A monkey with a fucking typewriter could do a journalist's job with a banana in both hands.

I was always told from an early age, to double check the date on newspapers, because you couldn''t
believe that either.

Manc in London said:
mcmanus said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Custis went on about the headline..Mike them chipped in.."Zabba has never said it's over as the headline makes you believe,what he has said is that city have been there,felt the pressure which counts for a hell of a lot and they re going to use this.Even if it goes to the last minute of the last game"

The mirror spun zabs comments with the headline . A quote which Zabba NEVER said.

He's a top man is OUR Mike. About the only blue on telly.

Liked him since that time he couldn't stop grinning when some bad news about United was on SSN.

Yeah, mine too.

Now, that's how a true supporter behaves.

Wreckless Alec said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:
Listening to the paper review this morning driving into work, one of the stories was about Liverpool blowing the title which was attributed to an interview with Pab Zab. They then lay him to him saying that the title isn't over etc etc. However I can't find this so called story any where. Are they just making headlines up to put City yet again in a bad light.

When they said this I thought it was uncharacteristic of Zab so I looked it up. Here's what he actually said;

“It was a good day for us because we needed Liverpool to drop points. They were basically playing for the title at Anfield.

“Everything is in our hands again. We have got a big chance but nothing is settled. Everything is tight at the top of the table and it is going to be a fantastic race between now and the end.

Not quite what they claimed

They reviewed the same newspaper article on SSN this morning, its a mirror story and Mike Wedderburn put the cunts at the mirror in their place..

oops sorry..thats been done.. my bad ass mutherfuckers.

Interesting listen to Quinn and Cundy talking about Guardiola and Bayern.
" After winning a treble there's only way you can go "
" At least he won the Bundesliga"
"It is only his first season"

Funny isn't it that Pellers get's no such leeway from our media pundits - "spectacular underachievers" and " should have won it by 12 points by now with that squad" being the general tone of things.

Len Rum said:

Funny isn't it that Pellers get's no such leeway from our media pundits - "spectacular underachievers" and " should have won it by 12 points by now with that squad" being the general tone of things.

I can see your point but if we don't win the league then he will rightly get branded an underachiever and if we do win the league he will be branded a winner and be praised for having a decent season winning a double.

It's fine margins in football when it comes to criticism and praise.

Len Rum said:

Well Pep did win/stroll to the title in March and we are involved in a 2 (or 3) way dog fight so not sure what leeway Pellers is due in comparison. Besides Pep is getting a kicking for not getting to the CL final against a background of grumbling from several Bayern big cheeses meaning I wouldn't bet the house on him not parting company with Bayern in the summer.

At this level there is no leeway. Unless you are David Moyes with 95% of the British media loyally overlooking his many, many (oh so many) failings and he still go the boot anyway.

There is no leeway. None. Zip. Nada.

sam-caddick said:
Len Rum said:

I can see your point but if we don't win the league then he will rightly get branded an underachiever and if we do win the league he will be branded a winner and be praised for having a decent season winning a double.

It's fine margins in football when it comes to criticism and praise.

If we win the league he will get very little praise and what he does get will be tinged with resentment.
The media want Liverpool to win. They could just about handle it if Jose wins, but us becoming champions would be met with indifference or bitterness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.