Talksport now (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
Len Rum said:
Interesting listen to Quinn and Cundy talking about Guardiola and Bayern.
" After winning a treble there's only way you can go "
" At least he won the Bundesliga"
"It is only his first season"

Funny isn't it that Pellers get's no such leeway from our media pundits - "spectacular underachievers" and " should have won it by 12 points by now with that squad" being the general tone of things.

Well Pep did win/stroll to the title in March and we are involved in a 2 (or 3) way dog fight so not sure what leeway Pellers is due in comparison. Besides Pep is getting a kicking for not getting to the CL final against a background of grumbling from several Bayern big cheeses meaning I wouldn't bet the house on him not parting company with Bayern in the summer.

At this level there is no leeway. Unless you are David Moyes with 95% of the British media loyally overlooking his many, many (oh so many) failings and he still go the boot anyway.

There is no leeway. None. Zip. Nada.

Oh Bob you really are a card. The leader of the new Cabal without a doubt.

Do you have a special alert set up on the forum for when someone dares suggest Pellegrini isn't being given a fair ride so you can wade in and set them straight ?

sam-caddick said:
Len Rum said:

Funny isn't it that Pellers get's no such leeway from our media pundits - "spectacular underachievers" and " should have won it by 12 points by now with that squad" being the general tone of things.

I can see your point but if we don't win the league then he will rightly get branded an underachiever and if we do win the league he will be branded a winner and be praised for having a decent season winning a double.

It's fine margins in football when it comes to criticism and praise.
Can't agree Sam - he won't be branded a winner if we win the league.
If we do win the Prem then the media have already discounted this by saying we should have already wrapped it up by 12 points with our squad (Durham and McIlvanney etc.), closely followed by 'we should have won the Champions league by now given the amount of money we've spent'.

BobKowalski said:
Len Rum said:

Well Pep did win/stroll to the title in March and we are involved in a 2 (or 3) way dog fight so not sure what leeway Pellers is due in comparison. Besides Pep is getting a kicking for not getting to the CL final against a background of grumbling from several Bayern big cheeses meaning I wouldn't bet the house on him not parting company with Bayern in the summer.

At this level there is no leeway. Unless you are David Moyes with 95% of the British media loyally overlooking his many, many (oh so many) failings and he still go the boot anyway.

The leeway due to Pellers is that if Pellers is deemed a failure for not winning the league by 12 points already, then Pep is also a failure because he took over a treble winning side and has 'only' won the Bundesliga (albeit by a big margin). However only one of the two managers is given the benefit of the doubt by the pundits - guess which one.

BobKowalski said:
Len Rum said:

My 15 year old lad would win the bundasliga with bayern.......I'd like to see how pep would do starting from scratch.....not saying he'd fail,but so far it's not exactly been difficult for him,with the teams he's inherited.

Len Rum said:
sam-caddick said:
Len Rum said:

I can see your point but if we don't win the league then he will rightly get branded an underachiever and if we do win the league he will be branded a winner and be praised for having a decent season winning a double.

It's fine margins in football when it comes to criticism and praise.
Can't agree Sam - he won't be branded a winner if we win the league.
If we do win the Prem then the media have already discounted this by saying we should have already wrapped it up by 12 points with our squad (Durham and McIlvanney etc.), closely followed by 'we should have won the Champions league by now given the amount of money we've spent'.

Yeah true, the money argument will always be against our managers.

Dave S said:
Winning the Bundesliga is like winning the SPL. Its a joke league.

It is now.

It used to be a very competitive league, but Bayern's dominance has just become boring.

All they do if another team stats to challenge, is go out and acquire its best player. Last year they bought Mario Götze; this year, Robert Lewandowski is going in the same direction, but on a free, as he's out of contract.

Very boring!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
toffee balls said:
Wreckless Alec said:
When they said this I thought it was uncharacteristic of Zab so I looked it up. Here's what he actually said;

“It was a good day for us because we needed Liverpool to drop points. They were basically playing for the title at Anfield.

“Everything is in our hands again. We have got a big chance but nothing is settled. Everything is tight at the top of the table and it is going to be a fantastic race between now and the end.

Not quite what they claimed

Argh , the good old Daily Mirror.

Mike Wedderburn ripped into them this morning.

I saw Mike ripping them to.The mirror basically spun zabbas comments into a bullshit headline. Wedderburn fights our corner incredibly.A credit to himself.
Wonder if Mike posts here. Always liked him, even before I knew he was a blue

Len Rum said:
BobKowalski said:
Len Rum said:

The leeway due to Pellers is that if Pellers is deemed a failure for not winning the league by 12 points already, then Pep is also a failure because he took over a treble winning side and has 'only' won the Bundesliga (albeit by a big margin). However only one of the two managers is given the benefit of the doubt by the pundits - guess which one.

Pep is getting sod all leeway right now. Winning the title was the minimum expected and at least getting to the CL final was expected. Hell he may even get canned in the summer because of his 'failures'. Ancelotti is flavour of the month right now but if loses to AM in the final (or to Jose) how long do you think he will last? If RM finish runners up to AM in the league and CL its not a question of how long for Carlo but not bothering to ever go back.

My point was at this level there is no leeway and no margin for error. It may not be fair or even right its just the way it is.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
toffee balls said:
Argh , the good old Daily Mirror.

Mike Wedderburn ripped into them this morning.

I saw Mike ripping them to.The mirror basically spun zabbas comments into a bullshit headline. Wedderburn fights our corner incredibly.A credit to himself.
Wonder if Mike posts here. Always liked him, even before I knew he was a blue

Have never seen him at the game but by all accounts on here he has a couple of season tickets.
He is never bitter twds anyone else. Can tell he loves city but is a credit to himself how he comes across when discussing other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.