Talksport now (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
Len Rum said:
BobKowalski said:
Well Pep did win/stroll to the title in March and we are involved in a 2 (or 3) way dog fight so not sure what leeway Pellers is due in comparison. Besides Pep is getting a kicking for not getting to the CL final against a background of grumbling from several Bayern big cheeses meaning I wouldn't bet the house on him not parting company with Bayern in the summer.

At this level there is no leeway. Unless you are David Moyes with 95% of the British media loyally overlooking his many, many (oh so many) failings and he still go the boot anyway.

There is no leeway. None. Zip. Nada.
The leeway due to Pellers is that if Pellers is deemed a failure for not winning the league by 12 points already, then Pep is also a failure because he took over a treble winning side and has 'only' won the Bundesliga (albeit by a big margin). However only one of the two managers is given the benefit of the doubt by the pundits - guess which one.

Pep is getting sod all leeway right now. Winning the title was the minimum expected and at least getting to the CL final was expected. Hell he may even get canned in the summer because of his 'failures'. Ancelotti is flavour of the month right now but if loses to AM in the final (or to Jose) how long do you think he will last? If RM finish runners up to AM in the league and CL its not a question of how long for Carlo but not bothering to ever go back.

My point was at this level there is no leeway and no margin for error. It may not be fair or even right its just the way it is.
"Pep is getting sod all leeway" (quote).
But he is, from Cundy and Quinn!
And that is my point, these pundits are making allowances for him but do not afford the same leeway to Pellers.

Kin hell
BmFBXaDIMAEkGV_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.