Talksport

Is this the same Raheem Sterling who has scored one less PL goal in 7 games this season (6) than Rashford has in 40 games over the last year (7)?

Highest scoring English player in the league so far this season.

if theres one person id love to see lifting a premier league winning trophy (or a european cup im not fussy), then its Raz. It would hurt so many people, badly!!!!

You are completely right but I'm not sure why it would hurt these people. I'll bet if you asked an opposition fan why they were booing, they wouldn't be able to answer.

Can't believe what I'm hearing on drivetime. Both those bellends are creaming themselves about us. They sound like the biggest blues around. They're shooting down and ridiculing anyone who dares to utter criticism or a negative. What's the catch ?!?!
Don't worry normal service HAS been resumed this Tuesday night, Durham and Gough "if City don't win champions league Pep is a failure"
Didn't take long did it?

Don't worry normal service HAS been resumed this Tuesday night, Durham and Gough "if City don't win champions league Pep is a failure"
Didn't take long did it?
The classsic 'All or nothing '. Trope.....I have had that countless times from Rags of late....bless their disingenuous little hearts, poor lambs.....

Didn't take long did it?

There's a similar point to be made about an article in the Telegraph, headlined something like 'Can Sterling be the saviour of English football"? As with Talksport, it replaces thinly veiled digs with gushing praise coupled with unrealistic expectations.

That said, I don't think that's specifically an anti-City thing, I think that's just the media generally. Think of the number of times that England have departed to a major tournament with a decent squad (that you'd expect to get to the quarter finals but probably not beyond) but with the tabloids saying that they are world beaters and we expect them to win the tournament with something to spare.

There's a similar point to be made about an article in the Telegraph, headlined something like 'Can Sterling be the saviour of English football"? As with Talksport, it replaces thinly veiled digs with gushing praise coupled with unrealistic expectations.

That said, I don't think that's specifically an anti-City thing, I think that's just the media generally. Think of the number of times that England have departed to a major tournament with a decent squad (that you'd expect to get to the quarter finals but probably not beyond) but with the tabloids saying that they are world beaters and we expect them to win the tournament with something to spare.
This, all day long.
It's a never-ending source of mirth to us Irish, generally.
Odd thing is, at this stage, all of us are at pains to keep reminding each other about the loads of decent English people (family, even!) that you couldn't help but be happy for if England we're to pull off a major victory but, oh my, the wankers in the English media...
They say a people gets the government it deserves. I'm not convinced about that but, fuck me, England - English people - deserve more from its media than all of that flag-happy fuckwittery.
Rant over. As you were, folks :-)

The set up is very comical, and all done on the cheap (remember the World cup one where they were in the studio pretending to be at the game) most of the presenters and pundits have a dodgy past (with some so dodgy that they could not get near a main stream station) it's like the last chance saloon for quite a few they must pay them peanuts, I also question the advertising of so many products for the building trade out of the 100's of building sites I visit each year I have never heard it on (not many allow radios nowadays anyway) but we all know the modus operandi make an outrageous statement (the more outrageous the better) target it at a team where you know the fans are going to bite (Arsenal are a classic example) go light on Clubs like United in fact try and say positive things even when it's patently ridiculous to do so (Those Sky subscriptions won't sell themselves you know)

I have listened to quite a bit of it this season, and if you take it for what it is and don't bite it's almost bearable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.