Talksport

My word, Wilkins must have been on the juice early.
He wants Chelsea to play at Twickenham when they move out of the bridge. "Because it is a proper football stadium" And not like Wembley, My word.
That's the kind of high quality football insight you get at talksport.

He wants Chelsea to play at Twickenham when they move out of the bridge. "Because it is a proper football stadium" And not like Wembley, My word.

I can't see that happening. Afaik there is an agreement between Twickenham and the council limiting the number of games that can be played there per year.

Maybe but a few grand or the odd iffy photo and Bob's your Aunt....

The RFU/ Twickenham are absolutely wedged already so money isn't really a factor.
The main issues are the locals who are already up in arms about the potential of Cheslea using the ground for the next 3 years.
Plus there is an inherant type of 'snobbery' within the RFU (and RU fans) about any sport other than Rugby Union being played there. I know they have NFL games there now but there was quite a big backlash when they allowed a couple of Rugby League games to be played there a few years back.
And, it might of changed over the last few years, but there definately used to be a restriction on the number of events that could be held there per year.

I caught the end of this paragon of sobriety's chat/interview, and he said he thought that the rags would win the title.

FFS is he sniffing glue now as well.

The RFU/ Twickenham are absolutely wedged already so money isn't really a factor.
The main issues are the locals who are already up in arms about the potential of Cheslea using the ground for the next 3 years.
Plus there is an inherant type of 'snobbery' within the RFU (and RU fans) about any sport other than Rugby Union being played there. I know they have NFL games there now but there was quite a big backlash when they allowed a couple of Rugby League games to be played there a few years back.
And, it might of changed over the last few years, but there definately used to be a restriction on the number of events that could be held there per year.
I'm not sure the Cabbage Patch would welcome football types either.

TBH twickenham is a brilliant stadium 'probably a listed building to' and ive often wondered why football was never taken up there esp by England when they knocked the old wembley down, id imagine you would get a decent atmosphere as the roof overhangs quite a bit more than a lot of football stadiums, not to sure but i think they need a special council licence for football,, if i was a chelsea fan id be more happy to play there than wembley

I used to live nearby, believe me, the locals would love the Chavs...,,

tenor.gif

TBH twickenham is a brilliant stadium 'probably a listed building to' and ive often wondered why football was never taken up there esp by England when they knocked the old wembley down, id imagine you would get a decent atmosphere as the roof overhangs quite a bit more than a lot of football stadiums, not to sure but i think they need a special council licence for football,, if i was a chelsea fan id be more happy to play there than wembley

It's terrible to get to, and a fair walk from the station, with no underground nearby.
Also, the pitch is a rugby pitch, so I wouldn't expect the ball to roll well on it.
But mostly the licensing issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.