"Target" for season 10/11

A few of you have mentioned "cup runs".

I don't think a "cup run" or two will cut it with The Sheikh.

I suspect it's silverware he wants with champions league an absolute must.

Didsbury Dave said:

It is more than likely that you are right. Personally, I am a realist and that tendency made it's way into the target I offered. The Sheikh will no doubt be aiming for something higher than 2nd place finishes and quarterfinals but I think a solid 3rd place finish next season, even without silverware would be a good result. I wouldn't expect anyone to want to stop there and realize even that might not be enough for the Sheikh though.

kcmcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It is more than likely that you are right. Personally, I am a realist and that tendency made it's way into the target I offered. The Sheikh will no doubt be aiming for something higher than 2nd place finishes and quarterfinals but I think a solid 3rd place finish next season, even without silverware would be a good result. I wouldn't expect anyone to want to stop there and realize even that might not be enough for the Sheikh though.

I'd say he'd be well happy with 2nd. More so that trophies.

It's prestige and recognition he wants and the Champions League brings that accross the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.