Tax Rebate

PSmyth07

Wondering if anyone can help me with this as im confused.

I though I was on the wrong tax code for a bit now and sent a form off to HMRC to make sure it was right. They agreed it was wrong and changed it and on my pay slip this week it had tax -495 so i assumed i had a £500 rebate.

Today I get a letter from HMRC with a cheque for £135, not sure whats gone on here? Why would they send a cheque for a bit and pay the rest into my account? Is something odd here?

Am i the only person on the face of the earth, who has never had one of these? I`ve been working since 1988. I feel cheated :)

Am i the only person on the face of the earth, who has never had one of these? I`ve been working since 1988. I feel cheated :)

I felt like this, and although they can only go back 5 years I think, I rang them up, got them to check it and they sent me many monies a few months later. I think cheques for £350, £570 and £640 if memory serves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.