Team Vs Pompy?

Pobb

Given SWeeP is out, Ireland suspended and Robinho is doubtful, who would you play from the following rabble:

Hart, Zabaleta, Dunne, Richards, Bridge, Ball, Kompany, Elano, Robinho, Caicedo, Fernandes, Jo, Vassell, Garrido, Sturridge, Hamann, Clayton, Ben Haim, Schmeichel, Evans.

For me its gotta be:

GK - Hart

LB - Garrido
RB - Richards
CB - Dunne
CB - Kompany/Ben Haim

LM - Bridge
RM - Zabaleta
DM - Fernandes/Kompany
AM - Elano

ST - Jo/Sturridge
ST - Caicedo

Should be good enough to beat Portsmouth who are under severe pressure but we're seriously lacking strength in depth. It just shows how many players we need - Got no cover for SWP, no left winger and no midfield hardman.

I know everyone knows this which renders my thread pointless but nevermind. On another, unrelated note the Kings of Leon are very good but I was disappointed with their latest offering. Also my cat had an operation the other day.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: sorry about the grammar.

Fuck knows, if Robbie's out a win is unlikely. I'd defo have Zab, Micah, Dunne and Bridge at the back though cos that will be our defence from now on, unless there's any mroe signings.

So:

Hart
Bridge
Dunne
Micah
Zab

Vinnie, Gelson and Hamann in the middle

Sturridge left, Vass right, Caicedo up front. Or maybe Garrido on the left, Vass on the right and Sturridge up front.

Poor but when you've got as many injuries as we have then it ain't gonna be good

Garrido in front of Bridge, Zab in front of Richards with Ned in at centre back and Vinnie in his usual position in midfield will do for me.
Other than that I agree.

Hart
richards dunne nedan bridge

viess zabb kompany marshall

sturridge ciacedo

zabb cm because he as played there numerous time for argentina
marshall current top scorer for reserves and is left footed
viess very tricky winger a mercurial talent

i would rather see this than fernandes haman vassel

I'm all for playing youngsters but cant see Hughes blooding them in this sort of game. How often has Zabaleta played DM? If he's played there a lot then I'd certainly play him there, Kompany at the back and Micah at RB. I guess Vass would be RW then.

Yep the cats better, thanks :)

skinhead123 said:
Hart
richards dunne nedan bridge

viess zabb kompany marshall

sturridge ciacedo

zabb cm because he as played there numerous time for argentina
marshall current top scorer for reserves and is left footed
viess very tricky winger a mercurial talent

i would rather see this than fernandes haman vassel

Hard work to get a sensible line up out of whats available.I cant see Weiss getting a look in as his reserve performances havent been that great recently from what i have been told.I have a feeling he will play one up top and probably two wide forwards-and yes i fear one of those will be Darius solely because options are few.Sturridge on the left.

Out of the youngsters i think Adam Clayton is more likely to be on the bench rather than Marshall.

zabb as captained argentina from centre mi
marshall because he knows where the goals are .top scorer and we dont have stevie swp and robby where else are the goals coming from
veiss because i havent got a clue what to expect but can he be worse than vass at the moment pompey are struggling for playeres themselves maybe a good chance to experiment.plus iam trying to give the team a bit of balance with solidity and good atacking options after forest we need to experiment who knows

skinhead123 said:
zabb as captained argentina from centre mi
marshall because he knows where the goals are .top scorer and we dont have stevie swp and robby where else are the goals coming from
veiss because i havent got a clue what to expect but can he be worse than vass at the moment pompey are struggling for playeres themselves maybe a good chance to experiment.plus iam trying to give the team a bit of balance with solidity and good atacking options after forest we need to experiment who knows

Possible starting XIs

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Distin, Campbell, Belhadj, Nugent, Wilson, Mvuemba, Davis, Kranjcar, Crouch.

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Bridge, Kompany, Elano, Caicedo, Jo, Vassell, Robinho.

Thats what SkySports are suggesting.......... Caicedo, Jo, Vass and Robbi. I can only presume that would mean Jo And Big Phil up top with Robinho and Vass on the flanks.

If Zab has captained Argy from midfield i'm guessing that was for the U21's. He's only played for the seniors about 7-8 times so doubt he would have been in midfield for those and probably not captain.
Could be worth a shot but i'd rather see him on the right of mid and vass on the bench with someone else in central

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.