Tear down that wall!! (Piccadilly Gardens)

We should all turn up with sledgehammers and knock it down, like they did at the Berlin Wall.

But before we get out the sledgehammers, I would like to put all those responsible, no matter how trivial their contribution, up against the wall and take a few potshots at them - ripe, tomatoes, horse shit bombs, and water pistols filled with skunk juice, kind of stuff.

ee, i remember when i were a lad, it were proper gardens then...

6396817849_e49767fcbc_b.jpg

That's how I remember it. Compare that to the abomination of desolation we have now and someone, probably long since carted down to the crem, would have come up with the idea of modernising the gardens! Jeez!

Anyway, all you canutes having a go at the 'lycra-clad', is it because yer can't fit in 8XL cycling shorts, or what?

ee, i remember when i were a lad, it were proper gardens then...

6396817849_e49767fcbc_b.jpg
Growing up in God's own city in the seventies/early eighties, I remember it being populated with winos a lot of the time. As opposed to the paed people who congregate around those fountain things on the two hot sunny days each summer.

It’s not the wall that’s the problem, it’s the bus terminus which destroys what should be the city’s main square. The terminus is proper scruffy.

That random office block plonked in the middle of the square detracts from the whole as well. As do the type of shops in the perimeter: Burger King, Primark, takeaways, amusements, Wetherspoons… the whole area is awful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.